Sonic CD - Metallic Madness - good future

EdBo1

This is #1 on my favorite games list. i love this game. so i had to sample it. its going to be used for a project im doing where i will be sampling some of my favorite games or games with dope tracks.

this track is a combination of dirty south Hip-Hop, Dubstep, Originality, and Sampling

Original source -

Remix - Madness

http://soundcloud.com/edwardcollins/madness

Going for a dirty south take on this, eh? This really just sounds like you layered some drums plus a synth or two over the source, and that doesn't fly on OCR. It doesn't help that there is no melody in the source either, so there's not much there to remix. Not that a non-melodic source hasn't been remixed before (a certain Children of the Monkey Machine Chrono remix comes to mind), but if your going hip hop, you'll at least need original drums to even begin with.

My advice if you want to really do this would be to start completely from scratch and try to emulate the original feel with your own samples. Also, if you want to use those vocal samples form the beginning, you need to bring that idea out the rest of the mix as well (they also sound a bit artificial to me).

But honestly, I don't think it's a good source to work with IMO. Not for OCR, at least - it may be fine for your own project but you'll have a hard time getting something passable for OCR with it.