Legend of Zelda :Majora's Mask -Elegy of Emptiness Remix

I agree with Watarimono. It sounds really nice. I like the ambient feeling you've achieved here. If I were to give a constructive criticism it would be varying up the drums a little. They got a tad bit repetitive for me. Maybe also toning down their volume a bit. That might just be a matter of personal taste though, because I think I would have focused more on the ambient strengths the piece had and made the percussion more of a background thing, but you chose to make them a focus point.

Overall though I really enjoyed it. Great work!

"This sounds great. It gets a bit repetitive with the same sounds, though, with it going for 3 min. If you can, try adding in something more in the last half (maybe), and maybe a slight bit less panning with the delayed melody in the beginning; it's a bit too much starting off. See if you can improve it a bit."

Straight copy of my comment on Newgrounds. :razz:

Anyways, I'm listening to it on repeat right now, even though it isn't quite necessary (the second third is almost the same as the first part, try doing something a bit different, maybe?). I love the percussion; the hip hop beat does a good job of keeping it going.

• 2 weeks later...

The sounds are terrible, there's a huge disparity between the slow lead synth and the hard beat. While I understand a mix going either simple and soft or aggressive and hard, or transitioning from one to the other, you seem to have trouble making up your mind. Learn to do a more cohesive sound design for your tracks and they'll turn out so much better.

Repetition quickly becomes a problem, a typical one for a short source like this. You could screw with its rhythm and play it in different scales, or incorporate a second source into it to mitigate the repetitiveness.

Keep it up, MM needs more remixes. :)