OCR01349 - Final Fantasy VIII "Everything = Nothing"

I just finished watching Kingdom of Heaven, and this mix seriously sounds like it could've fit right in...that means that the buildup and release and buildup again are movie-quality...the mix really draws you into its pace, and any piece of music that can do that is, in my books, a success. Keep it up!

Dude. This rocks. I love overly dramatic peices like this. It does begin very much like a sunrise. And I can catch the similarity to Requium in the background at least. I don't think there are any dynamic issues... it starts soft and then builds, exactly like it was meant to do. And while later on the volume might technically be stagnant, it doesn't sound stagnant, since all the build up emphasizes things in your mind later on without needing to, proverbially, "Go to 11".

And as djpretz mentions, then everything backs down again. So yeah, there's definitely dynamics going on around here.

And wooeee... good stuff!

Very good mix. The whole thing is extremely reminiscent of the parts of the game that take place in the Galbadia (I think, gahhh, I haven't played my copy of VIII in such a long time.) Really well done, I recommend it to anyone.

FF8 fans will love it, I barely racognized it and I loved it, very very beautiful and captivating. I love it a lot... definitely a keeper and worth hearing repeatedly.

One picky thing though, is that near the end it becomes increasingly obvious by the loop points that these are soundfonts. Oh well, so you didn't get a real orchestra. It still would fool most.

People submitting orchestral:

Stufflikethispleasekthanks

9/10

This is a good mood piece. Listen to it twice to fully appreciate it. It's based on one of the less memorable themes from FFVIII. Really, though, it takes enough liberty that it would be hard to identify out of the cold. The feel of the piece really matches the final disc of FFVIII, where this song is heard. This is not something you will sing along to, but it's obviously the product of a skillful remixer.

Very nice. I love the deep, serious orchestral details and overall approach you took to this remix. Just by my asking, was your title inspired by my Forum topic on PPR "Everything is Nothing"? Just wondering, they seem related.

Awesome music though, truly. tasty violin.

This is one of those tracks that deserves to be played eardrum-bleedingly loud (even if you have to violate local noise ordinances), with the sub at full volume. IMO one won't get the "epic" feeling from it otherwise.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01349 - Final Fantasy VIII "Everything = Nothing"