Thundercats 2011

Bren

I'm very surprised no one has posted a thread about this so far, so I'll do it. This new series and incarnation of the beloved story has now been going on for 3 weeks, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I'm not saying that it's better than the original, because the original is awesome, and a major classic of the last century (millennium). The animation is crisp and beautiful, and a lot of work has been put into the artwork of the show, including a gorgeous soundtrack which really helps to set the mood. A few major aspects have been changed, for example Lion-o being a teenager and Snarf being unable to speak, but I don't think these are show killers at all.

All in all, I think that anyone skeptical about this new series should give it a chance. I've heard a lot of my friends say they would never watch it because they think it will ruin the original. The way I see it, it's not trying to replace or be the original. It's a great stand-alone series in and of itself and a very enjoyable show. I really hope Cartoon Network sticks with it until the end.

The only thing it's really lacking is the original theme song.

I haven't seen this week's ep, but I really liked the pilot. Great action and voice acting. The second episode was a bit of a Moby Dick pastiche; I don't think it was a very strong second episode. I think this is one of those shows that will get better as they delve further into the mythology of the world. I'm on board.

I haven't seen this week's ep, but I really liked the pilot. Great action and voice acting. The second episode was a bit of a Moby Dick pastiche; I don't think it was a very strong second episode. I think this is one of those shows that will get better as they delve further into the mythology of the world. I'm on board.

Don't want to ruin this week's episode, but the ending is fucking sweet.

I like it a lot so far. From the various hints they've dropped throughout the show, I get the impression that these Thundarians are the descendants of the original ThunderCats, or at least some loosely interpreted version of them.

Really looking forward to future episodes

Sometimes you can find the latest episodes on YouTube. Supposedly CN doesn't want it being uploaded there, but with them showing new episodes only once a week some people will inevitably miss an episode. CN.com also has an episode viewer (for participating TV providers)