Best Value: Komplete 8 vs EWQL Composers Collection

Komplete is a delicious choice for that kind of music, and so is Omnisphere. The way I see it is, Omnisphere has MORE OF what you're looking for, while Komplete has what you're looking for and a bunch of stuff you might NOT be looking for.

That's exactly my thoughts. The bonus with Komplete is the expansions out there, but it's more expensive. Anyway, thank you for time and patience. Same goes to you, Rozovian. :D

I suppose in the end, I'll try and save up for both of them. :3

Just so I don't have to make a new topic about it.

I'm interested in upgrading once I get money for it and Transient Master is actually what I'm more excited for in that package, but why does the effect run in Guitar Rig?

Isn't it supposed to be used for drums and even some master mixing? Do you just put Guitar Rig then in the master and put up Transient Master or how does that work?

In games, you deal with non-linear assets that are compiled into a pool of music, sound-effects, and dialog.

If you wanted to use GuitarRig, say, as a creature effect on a piece of dialog, and your creature had say 1,000 lines of dialog, efforts, and expressions, then you would enjoy a headache applying the effect in a DAW and then editing out and exporting each sound individually.

In games, you need to be able to apply an effect sometimes to thousands of files at a time and you need plug-ins that support that feature. Most VSTs do fine with that. Guitar Rig, for whatever reason, does not.

In games, you deal with non-linear assets that are compiled into a pool of music, sound-effects, and dialog.

If you wanted to use GuitarRig, say, as a creature effect on a piece of dialog, and your creature had say 1,000 lines of dialog, efforts, and expressions, then you would enjoy a headache applying the effect in a DAW and then editing out and exporting each sound individually.

In games, you need to be able to apply an effect sometimes to thousands of files at a time and you need plug-ins that support that feature. Most VSTs do fine with that. Guitar Rig, for whatever reason, does not.

Can't do it with something like WaveLab? Alternatively you could concatenate all the WAV files in one linear track with silence in between then use WaveLab or Waveknife to re-split them after processing the one big file.

Edited by zircon

Can't do it with something like WaveLab? Alternatively you could concatenate all the WAV files in one linear track with silence in between then use WaveLab or Waveknife to re-split them after processing the one big file.

Well, to be fair, I only tried it in Sound Forge, and I find auto edits/auto crops to be pretty crude.

Have you had luck doing this in Wavelab?

Anyway, my point is that GuitarRig, as cool as it is, not necessarily a great all-around-fx plugin.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...