OCR02445 - *YES* Super Metroid 'Metroid Legacy'

DragonAvenger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man, this arrangement is pretty sick! Love what you've done here.

Going to nitpick a little. The flute feels a little piercing at the beginning, and could be brought down a smidgen. That and the ending, as mentioned. Other than that, this is a pretty awesome and unique take on a track that's been done pretty often.

Hope to hear more from you,

YES (conditional)

• 1 month later...

Wow dude, why don't I remember this from Harmony of a Hunter? It's pretty great, and I agree with you that the Prologue is one of the most powerful progressions in video game music history. Good job expanding on it with some really cinematic sound choices that fix great with the electronic textures.

There's also some distortion/clipping going on at :54 with the flute lead, at 1:54 - 2:13-ish in the drums, and again much more significantly in the ending, among other places. Really, after re-listening, it's kind of all over the track. I can actually explain the sharp cutoff, since this seems to be lifted straight from the Harmony of a Hunter album, which was gapless playback-enabled. Still would be nice to get a fix on, as well as the other issues mentioned... perhaps even tone down the synth flute in the high ranges just a tad?

Very cool though, the arrangement and production is killer aside from a few of these issues. Much stronger track than I apparently gave it credit for when I listened to the album, I guess! Just get that clipping/the ending issue under control, and this'll be a winner!

YES (conditional on clipping/distortion/ending)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...