Oceans - An EP from Amphibious

Jamphibious

Hey there, some of you may know me. Others may not.

At any rate, I make music and such. I'm no pro but I finished an ambient / chillout concept EP this summer :D It is now available for "pay what you want" on Bandcamp. (Enter $0 for a free download, you know how it is)

I've still got lots to learn but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Enjoy, if you wish!

http://amphibious.bandcamp.com/album/oceans-ep

Feel free to check me out on Facebook if you like:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amphibious/7553699753

I also have Twitter. Only the finest tweets (not really):

http://twitter.com/#!/AmphibiousMusic

P.S. - Yes the album art is terrible. I made it quick in Photoshop. (I'm no artist)

P.P.S. - Special thanks to Meteo for hooking me up with album art that is infinitely better!

/downloaded

Yeah, this is pretty chill. I'm loving the mastering on this, the emphasis on the low-bass range and the little high-end percussive hits are perfect for this genre, kinda reminicient of the way halc masters his stuff. Compositions are solid, whilst I'd've liked a little more variation, I can totally get that this is chill-out and it's just opinion. Resurfaced is my personal favourite, some sweet chord progressions you have thar.

Were you at all influenced by the Flower soundtrack at all, just sounds similar in places.

Also.

I hate the cover art.

Sorry.

/downloaded

Yeah, this is pretty chill. I'm loving the mastering on this, the emphasis on the low-bass range and the little high-end percussive hits are perfect for this genre, kinda reminicient of the way halc masters his stuff. Compositions are solid, whilst I'd've liked a little more variation, I can totally get that this is chill-out and it's just opinion. Resurfaced is my personal favourite, some sweet chord progressions you have thar.

Were you at all influenced by the Flower soundtrack at all, just sounds similar in places.

I actually haven't heard the Flower soundtrack at all, but I might check it out now. I'm glad you enjoyed the album though. I agree somewhat about the variation, though I was going for a simpler chillout style, and I guess a bigger personal focus was on mixing and mastering for this album. But in the future I'll definitely work to keep things more interesting and varied.

Also.

I hate the cover art.

Sorry.

Me too man, me too.

I had some mild issues with the mixing and dammit I hated that album artwork, but the core content of the EP itself REALLY surprised me with how good it was. The last track in particular was pretty killer and it left me wanting more.

I'd give this album a 7/10 because I genuinely expected it to be worse. It has some mixing issues and is too short (plus I want to redo this album artwork myself) but the compositions and arrangements were just too damn smooth. Write some more tracks, fix that mixing and sell it for $3.99. I'd buy it!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to give this a listen. Really nice chillout album, and I'm impressed with the subtle changes in mood between pieces while you maintain a consistent theme. I'll echo what's been said about variation, although what's there holds up just fine - I actually enjoyed it more on a second listen.

Aside from the other input here, I think the greatest room for growth is picking/creating your sounds. A little more richness and diversity in your synths could go a long way. That would definitely push you further in terms of mixing and mastering as well.

Great stuff, man. Purchased!