FREE ALBUM RELEASE - Meteocrity Vol. 1 by 12 Followers/Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier

Meteocrity+Volume+1.jpg

Update Now Available:

Meteocrity Vol. 1 for listening and download on Bandcamp

Physical, record-label released copies of ESPERS at Kunaki - $7.99+ s/h

Good morning, afternoon or evening, ladies and gentlemen. It is my proud honor to offer, on behalf of Wardriver, this free collection of assorted tunes and tracks I have worked on over the past few years in my bold and delusional pursuits to become a video game composer - re-mixed (not remixed, sadly) and remastered by bLiNd and then as a whole by Daniel Lippert (Usabellchan).

Meteocrity Vol. 1 by 12 Followers/Meteo Xavier is a very sharp contrast to my previous album, ESPERS. Very little ambiance and new age here, this is instead 18 tracks of SNES-PS1 style mid-to-fast tempo, melodically based tracks that were all done on commission or request in previous projects that, for one reason or another, never came to fruition or have yet to be published in any game form.

Why should they sit on my hard drive unused?

While I won't claim this album will blow your balls off or anything like that (it is free after all), I would hope fans of the 16-32bit sampled era of videogame music would find stuff to like here. Most, if not all, of these were done 2-7 years ago and done to strict employer demands (for better or worse), so if you don't like the music, you know what to kiss and where to find it. :)

Track Listing is as follows:

1. Tempest Rush - Mastered by bLiNd during production

2. Caveat Emptor

3. Bitter End To a Thatched Ray of Light - Mastered by bLiNd

4. Five is Average - chiptune work by an anonymous artist

5. Bright Dreams From Empty Vessels

6. Wealth of Knowledge

7. Asymmetrical Conflict

8. Lofty Goals From a Forest Epitath - Mastered by bLiNd

9. Colossus of Egypt

10. Need Insurance? Get a Bullet

11. Red Dim Lights and Old Stories

12. Lunar Eclipse Millennium

13. Isolate the Variable

14. Vestigial Dance of Blades - Mastered by bLiNd

15. Exploring the Temporal Lobe with a Bomb in My Mouth

16. It Was Written on Your Tombstone - Mastered by bLiNd

17. The Heavenly Integer

18. Starry Knights

All tracks except #9 and #18 loop twice and fade out. #18 is a full song and #9 loops four times by accident, but considering what my then-employer asked me to do with it, it seems fitting.

Not sure what else to tell you about it except I hope you enjoy it and I hope you spread it throughout the internet so I can grow and improve as an artist.

Now to give credit where credit is due:

Composition/Arrangement/Mixing: Meteo Xavier

Album Art: Meteo Xavier

Mastering: bLiNd for Tracks 1, 3, 8, 14, 16.

UsabellChan for Album mastering

Posted to Wardriver and assistance in release by: Suzumbachi, Fusion2004 and Ramaniscence from Thasauce.net

If I've left anyone out, please contact me and let me know so I can credit properly.

Finally, reposted links for convenience.

* Meteocrity Vol. 1 by 12 Followers/Meteo Xavier

* Bandcamp

* Facebook where tracks will be posted here soon

* Wardriver's Main Page featuring other releases by Bustatunez, JMR, Overcoat and others

* Record Label physical released for $7.99 + s/h

* Thasauce.net - Thank you once again guys!

For some reason I really do enjoy the sound of PS1 era music, so this was a real treat. SNES era is great too of course.

I particularly liked the more upbeat songs suited for battle themes and the like. I got a very Motio Sakuraba vibe from a lot of these songs, and I'm a fan of the Tales games so that's very awesome. I could seriously hear a lot of these being in an RPG like that. Wealth of Knowledge in particular sounds absolutely PERFECT for a town theme in a Tales game, and Colosses of Egypt in particular sounded very much like something Sakuraba would write for some sort of desert scene.

Personal favourites from the album are Tempest Rush, Bitter End to a Thatched Ray of Light, and Need Insurance Get A Bullet. Very adrenaline pumping and enjoyable. As far as the slower songs go, Lofty Goals From a Forest Epitaph really stood out to me. Really liked the feel of if, and the melodies in it were all very alluring.

Overall some great work here. I found myself preferring the upbeat songs, but all these songs seem like they would suit various purposes in a game quite well. Kudos!

Thank you Amph, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Additionally, I'm now looking for other places and radio/podcasts places to submit this album to and get some more airplay if it all possible. Willrock suggested Newgrounds and I'm looking some others up, but would anyone recommend or suggest some other places I could post this around to?

Rozovian, where have you been? I haven't seen of you in like two weeks. I have some stuff that needs to be sent to you.

And also thank you for your reigning endorsement. :)

I am also completely willing to trade album attention and postings, in that I'd be willing to post your albums around my links and connections if you'd be willing to do the same. No reason lack of action and camaraderie should let our work stagnate. Any interest?

I'm going to review this:

I have been following your works, and I can say honestly that your songs and albums consist of greatness and unusual depth; they hold obscurity in good ways. I shall give the songs more listens for an in-depth and personal experience. So far, all have grabbed my attention, and I am unable to select one or two songs and favor them. The whole album, in my opinion, consists of its own quality and depth.

In short: :nicework:

I saw that and wrote you back. Send me a link to your music stuff and I'll post it around in kind, Shaggyman. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

All my music stuff is on the comic site as well. :)

http://www.bsodcomic.net/media/music/

I need to get back to working on the album I'm in the midst of. My summer got stupid crazy and things are just starting to get back to normal again.

I can't wait to listen to this. The title cracked me up man! Especially since someone called 12 Followers is involved, it reminds me of the Meteor in FF7. Did anyone else make a ridiculous connection like that?

Dude, do you mind if I post a link to this on RPGamer.com? It's related to game music so they should know too, right?

I've given the whole album near to two listens, and I'm enamored by the results. I recall hearing early versions of some of these, so it's really cool experiencing them fully realized. The Heavenly Integer brings back memories, good ones at that. Wealth of Knowledge is relaxing and deliciously gamey, reminding me of countless villages and libraries from back in the day. I love Need Insurance, it brings Chrono Trigger to mind among other fight scenes.

Excellent stuff, I don't have a blog or anything like that but I'll recommend it to my gamer friends. Glad to have this in my library. :)

Oh my god! That blew me away. Does all your music sound like this or is this style very intentional? It's like a little bit of Chrono Trigger with a lot of Mega Man X with titles by Motoi Sakuraba. And who makes better titles than Motoi Sakuraba and Meteo Xavier? Nobody. Lofty Goals From a Forest Epitaph is my favorite title, I think. It screams Zelda. Hahaha.

In Five is Average you actually used Mega Man X sound effects, huh? That was fun.

Wealth of Knowledge is really good library music.

Lofty Goals From a Forest Epitaph is like Techno De Schala.

Starry Knights reminds me of an old game called Kendo Rage. Not it's music just the setting of being a girl killing demons in the school. I would kill demons in my school to that music if I were a Japanese girl in a Kendo club.

I freaking love all the fast melodic songs like Tempest Rush and Need Insurance Get a Bullet. Very Mega Man-ish.

Anyone who likes SNES or PS1 style melodic game music should get this.

Good stuff here. Are different tracks inspired by different series? I'm definitely getting different vibes from some of them -- Five is Average sounds like a Megaman song, Bright Dreams from Empty Vessels sounds like something out of SNES-era Final Fantasy, Need Insurance Get A Bullet reminds me of Chrono Trigger for some reason...

I had about 6-8 different employers for the whole of this album and most of them, while it was generally all congregated to be SNES-PS1 style stuff, all had different ideas what they wanted and so, yeah, there's almost no consistency between them other than they all wanted golden-era type music.

I'm happy you enjoyed it. :)

Hmm... I like the era of music you're going for and all, but for some reason most of it isn't quite clicking for me yet. I liked the 'Five is Average' track and the tracks mastered by bLiNd, but the others, not as much, as of yet.

I think I need to let this play over the background for a day or two - either it'll grow on me or I'll be able to say precisely why it isn't clicking with me. In either case you'll hear nice feedback from me, so hang tight.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been more than a week and I have yet to blog about this. I'm thinking a full scale comprehensive review of every track from this album and Espers. I'd be doing Espers myself and I'd probably get two other authors interested in this to do Meteocrity. There's a good chance this won't be done until the end of September, but I'll be sure to link back to this thread so you know where to find it. Should be a lot of fun :)

Well, I'm really not a fan of chip tune stuff. Just not a huge fan of most of the retro game sound. Well, I do love me some good ol' synthy brass like the old street fighter games.

Anyway, the music is what is important here. Great tunes my friend! I really like Colossus of Egypt. It didn't sound like what I was expecting from the title, It actually reminds me of Symphony X for some reason. "Vestigal Dance Of Blades".......now that is seven different shades of fuck awesome!!! This one is probably my favorite. It's action packed but that choir type sound in the back gives her this haunting feel that I totally love. Takes me back to the "Thunderforce" days.

if you don't like the music you know what to kiss and where to find it

Words to live by!

So like I said, not a huge fan chip tunes. This sure is a freakin' killer album though.