[........]

Frederic Petitpas

A guitar that outputs MIDI. A toy ?

Because if you call a fake guitar with buttons a guitar, not in my book.

This has a MIDI pick-up and it translates what you play into MIDI. It's far beyond a plastic AKAI guitar or something, it works with any guitar.

I don't think you quite understand what a MIDI guitar is.

It's fairly simple, really. It takes what you play and outputs MIDI data.

I don't know how I'm not being clear here.

Wait, I thought we already had this with Rock Band 3...It seems like the only difference is that you can use any guitar for this?

There are plenty of advantages to that. Having to use your own guitar is nice because it lets you have the action, strings, fretboard, neck, and body that are most comfortable for you to play on. I don't imagine the Rock Band guitar is high quality stuff.

There are plenty of advantages to that. Having to use your own guitar is nice because it lets you have the action, strings, fretboard, neck, and body that are most comfortable for you to play on. I don't imagine the Rock Band guitar is high quality stuff.

Oh I agree, but it just seems like everyone's making a big fuss (in the second video) over something that isn't really all that new...

I'm not talking about an external box that you need to lug around.

I'm talking about a guitar that does it. You know, the musical instrument? Like as in the pick up ON THE GUITAR does the conversion?

yes, that is what metal man is referring to. it exists. what is the question

edit: or are you saying you don't want any external devices at all with your midi guitar? let's not get greedy now

there are midi pick-ups that can be installed on a guitar that turn what you play into midi data. or it can be done with some sort of converter outside of the guitar. what the hell are we arguing about in here