Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Remix

Clem

Kind of a schizophrenic piece that jumps around the different themes quite a bit and has some weird experimental sound design.

Sources:

(The most predominant one)

(Kind of a cameo)

(Shows up just before the outro in my remix)

One thing you may notice about these source tracks is that they are extremely fucking awesome. Kinda hard to do them justice, but I tried my damnedest :)

My mix: http://tindeck.com/listen/yere (Latest)

Tell me what you think.

EDIT:

Source Breakdown

0:00-0:06 Original

At 6 seconds, the main drum pattern comes in. this is predominant in the first song I linked. It's such a badass beat that I chose to base most of the mix on it.

0:06-0:18 Here the bass part from the first track comes in. In the original it comes in right along with the drums.

0:18-0:24 This is the first half of the melody from the chorus in the first source track.

0:24-0:30 The main bassline comes in with the main drum pattern. There is an original melody panned to the right.

0:30-0:42 Here is the chorus melody again, completed this time.

0:42-1:06 Familiar drum and bass pattern...

1:06-1:48 The rhythmic percussive sound from the very beginning of the second tune I linked shows up pretty quiet and then at 1:12 it takes the stage. The chorus melody shows up again and plays a couple times.

1:48-2:03 A sample from the third linked track shows up behind that same bass/drum pattern from earlier.

2:03-2:27 The melody here is from the part at exactly 2:17 in the third track I linked.

2:27-END A bunch of effects wankery on the main drum pattern from the first track.

Pretty cool overall. I would like to hear a more reverb-y snare, though, as the main one you're using sounds very dry. The transition between the first and middle sections was also too jarring...I think a longer bridge or even just some instrument dropping for a bar or two would make it less so.

I agree on both points. I brought up the room mic on the drum sampler and made some changes to the transition into the middle section. Sound better?

Did you use amplitude and automated all the effect? Actually a good reference would be the Chaos Theory Remixed album. The sound itself, draw more relevance to Amon's Supermodify album - track 6.
No amplitude in here (I'm honestly not sure what that is). There is, however, loads of automation on pretty much everything from panning to filters to distortion...etc

I really enjoy the Splinter Cell Chaos Theory soundtrack so I will probably take some time to listen to some of Amon's other stuff pretty soon :)

Very cool mix. I'm not sure what changes I'd make, tbh...
Thanks for listening :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...