PRC201 - A Link to the Future (Zelda: A Link to the Past)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 201

PRCv8-19

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

After the special PRC200 with the legendary Ice Cap theme as source it's time for a 'normal round' again. Last time 5 good songs where submitted, but only one can win and Beckett007 is the lucky one.

Nutritious submitted the source for this edition.

Hey man, I'd like to choose the Battle with Gannon track from Zelda: A Link to the Past for the next PRC.

Thanks,

Nutri

Beckett007 was also allowed to pick a source, but I didn't receive a source yet. Because I'm not around for the next few days, I decided to start this one already. Beckett007 still may submit a source to me for the next PRC. Please do this before voting of this round ends. I'll use that source and the source selected by the winner of this round for the next PRC. This means he is allowed to submit a song in this round (and win). Nutritious is, as selector of the source, only allowed to submit a bonus mix.

PRC201.jpg

Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - Battle With Ganon

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen.

MID File

More MID Files

.rsn"]RSN File

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by TUESDAY AUGUST 30th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of PRC199, Nutritious, can't take part, but he has a vote that counts twice. He's also allowed to submit one or more bonus mixes.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 2 entries are submitted. Like PRC198, it's SubNormal J3 against Zerothemaster.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place and one bonus point if they vote. They only must fill the other song as first and leave the other boxes empty.

Nutritious has a vote that counts twice.

You have until NEXT Thursday, September 1st at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC202.

When you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below.

The songs:

SubNormal J3 - Ganon In Analogue

Zerothemaster - You Lose

Nice job guys. If this semester wasn't out to KILL ME, maybe I would have had time to finish my take on the song.

This life thing is annoying, getting in the way of mah PRCs :P

too bad. Skull's been getting to me too, that's why my mix was late :P

I don't know how I feel about my mix. Some parts I like, some parts I don't... At least I finished it :P

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 5

Maximum Score - 18.

I decided to not edit the scores because it doesn't matter.

Both Zerothemaster and SubNormal J3 claimed the last place wooden spoon and victory with 15 points!!

Congratulations SubNormal J3 and Zerothemaster. Voting ended 2-1 for Zerothemaster (and both of you voted), but the double vote makes it a tie.

Zerothemaster and SubNormal J3, you both may select the next source for PRC202. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Do that as soon as you can, but before Friday. It's fast, but I want to have it started on saturday.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can find the votes here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC201