How long to get accepted

jordanrooben

This question has been asked a thousand times.

It depends. If you have no musical background at all, it'll probably take you years. If you do have a strong music background like I did, but you don't know much about mixing and production, you'll likely get posted once you get up to an acceptable standard with that.

I'm aware I don't have any remixes posted here, it's only in recent times that I've been able to get the production half-ass good. I have a new Street Fighter and Tekken remix I've been working on that I'll try subbing when it's finished. I think the production is good with it, but in reality it probably isn't and likely won't make it on to the site. I probably only think it's decent because it IS at least 200X better than when I first took up recording and mixing my own music about a year ago.

So how quickly you'll get posted depends entirely on your skills with composing, performing, mixing, recording etc. to meet OCR's standard and how many remixes the judges have to go through.

It take a while to get used to the standards and to figure out what that interpretation/arrangement thing means in practice. Two years is doable if you work on it more than once a week or have enough previous music-making experience and skill and stuff. I got posted in a little over a year, others have been in less. For some, it takes longer. Some ppl have talent, or a head start in having written, played, or produced music before, while others come here with nothing... and can still get posted once they've gotten good enonugh.

We had a thread similar to this some time ago, about how long it's taken ppl to get where they are today.

There's also this "my very first song" thread, which can be an amusing read.

As for the specific question: 1 year, 3 months for me, with a few years of making crappy original music before that.

I too am in the to-be-posted backlog, and that took about 2-3 months (might have been shorter, wasn't paying much attention). While I'm grateful to be accepted, I am rather curious as to what the judges thought of it. I submitted my remix on a total whim, not really expecting it to get through and not consciously trying to meet a list of standards. You can imagine my surprise when I saw it on the to-be-posted section. :shock: I'm patient, and I can wait a year or three.... Although if the remix overturns into a NO-RESUB, I'm pretty much out of luck, cuz I no longer have the project stems on my computer. :lmassoff:

I actually originally thought this question was asking how long it takes for an average remix to get accepted... zircon pretty much nailed that tho.

As for me, I got posted exactly a year to the day I signed up on ocr. That track got accepted a few months before that but couldn't tell you when exactly. I'd make a guess at anything between 2-4 months before it was posted.

I actually originally thought this question was asking how long it takes for an average remix to get accepted... zircon pretty much nailed that tho.

Well in that case, my first remix was sent out in 2005 and rejected outright, i.e. screened out and not sent to the judges... and rightfully so. My first remix was literally broken.

Well in that case, my first remix was sent out in 2005 and rejected outright, i.e. screened out and not sent to the judges... and rightfully so. My first remix was literally broken.

There are so many people who don't realize that at the time they sent their first (poor) submission and hate us to no end for rejecting it outright. :lol:

Glad you didn't give up!

There are so many people who don't realize that at the time they sent their first (poor) submission and hate us to no end for rejecting it outright. :lol:

Glad you didn't give up!

My first submission was rejected outright too due to how horrid it was. My second one made it to the judges with a "NO (resub)" thing. I'm hopin' the third time will be the charm.

People who give up if their first try is rejected should be hit with a shovel.