How long to get accepted

jordanrooben

From the time you submit to when we ACCEPT your mix, ~3-4 months or so. But getting posted is another story. That could take months more because we have quite a backlog.

I want this question to be in the most respectful tone possible, but are there any plans to... well... fix that? I understand how busy everyone is and there's work that goes into posting one, but it doesn't make it easier to understand as the backlog, at this rate, is going to grow more and more.

I'd just like to understand the backlog better.

I want this question to be in the most respectful tone possible, but are there any plans to... well... fix that? I understand how busy everyone is and there's work that goes into posting one, but it doesn't make it easier to understand as the backlog, at this rate, is going to grow more and more.

I'd just like to understand the backlog better.

Pay us bags of money so that we can work on OC ReMix full time and drop both work and real life. :lol:

Everyone's busy, that's the short of it. :-) We're working on it, djp's working on it. At the current pace, there are gonna be 64 more mixes posted this year, it's higher than usual. But we'll holler and see if he can do more.

My first submission, a HORRIBLE SPC rip with shitty drums that shouldn't have even made the panel, was judged in May 2003. I don't know how long before that I submitted it, nor do I remember what sort of altered mind state I was in that lead me to think it was a good idea to subject anyone to listening to that crap.

My first (so far only) OC ReMix was submitted in May 2009, judged in November and posted in December.

So, over 6.5 years. I think there were 7 or 8 submissions of various levels of terribleness and mediocrity in that period.

oh wow... lets see... I joined on 05-17-2006.

I subbed my first remix (a remix of Sync by Outphase from DDR/IIDX) which got no'ed on 5-28-06. (in retrospect, it did suck :P)

Then I subbed a remix of Traces by Outphase (from ddr/iidx) with 2 resubs, and they all got noed as well lol.

Then an MM2 remix in 2008, which go noed.

Then a remix from an xbox indie game in 2010 which also got noed.

And then a megaman x5 remix for the mmx project this year, which finally got yessed, but hasnt been posted yet.

So since join date... umm.. 5 years or so? :P

I believe I hold the all-time record, although it was entirely because of the project being delayed.

Panelled 2nd Feb 07: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7711

(although I submitted it in December I think)

Posted: 2nd March 11: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02194/

So 4 years and 1 month plus unknown panel time. If I recall correctly Nutritious will be overtaking my record shortly.

I believe I hold the all-time record, although it was entirely because of the project being delayed.

Panelled 2nd Feb 07: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7711

(although I submitted it in December I think)

Posted: 2nd March 11: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02194/

So 4 years and 1 month plus unknown panel time. If I recall correctly Nutritious will be overtaking my record shortly.

Almost definitely:

(2007/12/07) Super Mario 64 'Through the Flames' was my first accepted track (after being rejected on my first submission) and still is on hold for posting. Gonna beat Fishy's record in Feb 2012.

But partly my fault since I took over as the album's project director :). It will get done!