Adizzle - Koopa Troopa Beach (Free DL)

DJ-Adam

Happy Hardcore?! Woohoo!! I'm into it these days, y'know :-D

Gawd, what a heavy track. Such a bomby kick o.o! I wasn't sure about it at the beginning, but then the soundscape started to get filled and it seems to work. Mixing's pretty good! ^^

0:43-1:06, not too fond of that lead. Sounds pretty dissonant from the rest of the arrangement, and the way it's sequenced doesn't help out either. I'd try another synth, and, if necessary, change the melody here a bit. Also, after a moment, the left-right moving lazy synth gets me quite annoyed as it plays throughout the whole mix; I'd also take it out from some sections, like this one.

Some doubts about the 1:07-1:16 part... I dunno if it should be there, judging by the way the overall tracks flows. I expected for something like 1:17 and ahead, as the break implies further gain of energy. Could be me, though.

1:28-1:49, the ultra-saw gets things pretty crowded, kinda muddy. I'm actually okay with it, as the verse's another potential candidate for left-right moving lazy synth removal :P

2:11, that lead I didn't like; lazysynthwarghblorghdjembeboom.

Not the best of endings; the crash doesn't need to be echo'd here, or, if it is, the feed tempo could be adjusted to the overall track tempo.

Oh, well. Some crits here :P, but you may see they're just asking for lil' changes. If I were to give another suggestion (mainly if you aim for OCR), though, you could also interpret the source more. Use your creativity to let the track give news to the listener and keep their attention caught. Dunno, add a synth soloing, have some variations on the original melody, something like that. Otherwise, this is pretty much my beach, coz I don't like to drink a cup of tea :mrgreen: