*NO* Lemmings (Amiga) 'Tune 13'

djpretzel

Hi there,

This is my first ever remix. I made it about a year ago and it has been up on the Amiga section of remix64.com for a while. I've only recently plucked up the courage to submit it here. I

My contact info:

Remixer name: Lavaburn

My email address: daleyo@gmail.com

My website: http://lavaburn.com

Forum member ID: 27392

Remix info:

Name of game: Lemmings

Name of song: Tune 13

Additional info:

The game title is already in your database, however this is a remix of a tune found in the Amiga version, and not the Commodore 64 version. The original composers were Tim Wright and Brian Johnston, and I believe the publisher was Psygnosis.

Comments:

I created this arrangement for fun, as I'm a huge fan of this retro classic, and it was one of my first attempts at using Reason to create a song. I called it Tune 13 because it didnt appear to have any kind of official name, and it was number 13 in the ripped soundpack from the Exotica Amiga music archive.

I got some nice comments from other people who I have shown it to, and so I was hoping that maybe some other fans of the game would recognise the tune.

Equipment/software used:

Technics SX-KN701 (master keyboard)

Reason 2.5

Its not overly complex, with it being my first endeavour into the remixing scene, but I hope to make something more exciting next time around.

I hope you enjoy it.

Many thanks!

- Dale/Lavaburn

In my earlier remixing days I used to make Lemmings mixes ‘till the cows came home. Why? Because the soundtrack was so awesome that all you had to do was play back the song and lay some drums under it and BAM!, instant head-bopping hit. That’s what we have here unfortunately. Check out the Submission Guidelines before you submit next time. The OCR community wants to hear your creativity but with little more than an additional beat over the original, that’s not shining through here at all. Welcome to the remixing scene Dale. Have fun and keep working at it.

NO

Yeah, thanks for providing the original, but even just being familiar with the original myself, this was basically the original adapted to new instruments. Nothing bad, but overly plain and repetitive when it comes to interpreting the compostion. The sounds/instrument samples were alright, though they sounded pretty stock. Sound balance wasn't bad or anything like that. Keep at it, but throw more interpretation into your arrangement. Some other Js might have further ideas on that as well as ways to improve your composition choice. Make use of the ReMixing forum and WIP forum to hone your skills.

NO

Arrangement is too conservative and basic. Please expand on the ideas, interpret the mix as your own. I have little to judge on your creativity based on this.

Production is pretty bland. Reason is capable of a lot and here I don't hear any interesting fx processing or production values to spice up the mix. The result is a fairly dry sound and what larry noted as sounding like stock sounds.

Definitely post your works in our WIP forum to get more feedback before you submit. Keep at it and I hope to hear more from you soon.

NO