Final Fantasy 7 - You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet REMIX ~LIonGraphiK~

LIonGraphiK

I have worked on this for quite a while, scrapped it several times, just because I thought it wasn't good enough.. However, I continued the project and I believe I made am okay job of it. It still needs a little remastering and polishing, but I got a little lazy (after working on it for nearly.. 5-6 hours now. Tell me what you think guys?

I consider it a WIP, simply because it hasn't been remastered properly yet, or equalized efficiently.

(Feel free to check the rest of my channel, but it's not that great! But, I could really do with some support and motivation to continue.)

Please do comment below, and anybody who can help master polish the remix with me will be credited in the video description ;) (It's the least I can do! I can master it myself, and I have done; but I'd like to see what you guys can do, to see if it sounds better than my own mastering skills; since mine are pretty basic. I only use Fruity Compressor/EQUO with the side order of Audacity and a reload to make the sound cleaner.

Very retro sounding, I like :)!!

Feels kinda muddy and distant though. Maybe that's partially to do with the Youtube sound quality too.

I'm a big fan of ambience, albeit this does get a little stagnant towards the end and doesn't really conclude itself very well, unless you aren't done composing it yet =p

I'm still debating what to do about the ending and whether or not to have a repeat and then come in with the 'main theme' again, using different FF7 pieces to make it more dramatic and finish it with an ambiguous cadence maybe? I'm open to new ideas ;) I have also remastered it so the quality is much much better; but most of it was just a result of YouTube's quality.

I'm still debating what to do about the ending and whether or not to have a repeat and then come in with the 'main theme' again, using different FF7 pieces to make it more dramatic and finish it with an ambiguous cadence maybe? I'm open to new ideas ;) I have also remastered it so the quality is much much better; but most of it was just a result of YouTube's quality.

I'd say that adding different FF7 pieces would help a lot - of course, getting them to fit nicely can be pretty tricky, unless you're just gonna do lazy transitions (which I don't reccoment =p)

A cadence of any sort would be helpful for the ending - perhaps a fade-out ending would even suffice, but just having the sounds peter off isn't a good idea; been there done that. Doesn't work q.q

I'd say that adding different FF7 pieces would help a lot - of course, getting them to fit nicely can be pretty tricky, unless you're just gonna do lazy transitions (which I don't reccoment =p)

A cadence of any sort would be helpful for the ending - perhaps a fade-out ending would even suffice, but just having the sounds peter off isn't a good idea; been there done that. Doesn't work q.q

I can get what you mean- but I mean, I used the 'main theme' at the beginning, I could do my best to bring it back somehow. However, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. ;) I feel that the main theme helps convey the 'sorrow' for those who care for the planet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am going to put up the newest version which has been equalized etc. shortly; but it will have to be a YouTube video, just because I don't like the idea of somebody downloading my work and sampling it- I mean it can be done by ripping it from YouTube, but the quality is reduced;)

Heh. It's one thing to sample/steal original works, but when it comes to game remixes/covers, nobody's gonna sample your stuff into their own work, and theft won't get them anywhere. I wouldn't worry about it. Hell, I looked at your other song, and it sounds like you're emailing people the FLStudio project file -- that gives them the source material, which they can easily change and release as their own, with 'proof' that it's theirs! Believe me, just uploading an MP3 somewhere would be so much easier.