Living Statue (Shadow of the collosus remix)

I really need to post on this site more, shame that I rarely ever find a video game song that I feel I can actually remix. Well anyways, heres my remix of Demise of the ritual from Shadow of the Collosus. Its still got a lot of work, and the version in the video is already slightly outdated, the differences so far bieng that the piano in the video is too quiet, but I've fixed that, and will hopefully upload it at a later date with a different video.

So anyways, heres the link, any feedback is welcomed! :smile:

pretty nifty...reminds me a little of the closing credits theme from tron legacy ;)

i'd definitely like to hear more. for some reason, i kept wanting more colossus in the mix... maybe some really heavy bass/crashes peppered in to give some emphasis, almost as if a giant monster was walking through the music.

i'm clearly no musician, so any way you choose to finish is fine by me, so long as you actually do! :D

i'm clearly no musician, so any way you choose to finish is fine by me, so long as you actually do! :D

Don't think like that, you've just offered an extremely useful piece of advice which I've started to add to the song (First, crashes + rides, which you can hear in the version of the song posted at the bottom of the post, then maybe Timpanis, toms, perhaps even bass drums too sometime in the future)

And yeah, I did somewhat run out of steam with this track, at least with the version on there. I'm still not done with it, but I am sending this track in another direction, perhaps a more DNB-ish route which you can start to hear towards the end. Still got lots of ideas, and about a week to fully mess with it, before I go back to school and have less time to work on my tracks.

Anyways, heres the new version of the track:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll take a listen to some of your stuff now :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got another update done. I'm thinking of taking the track down a more drum and bass-ish route, but I don't want to be unfaithful to the original track by making it suddenly really fast when what you're fighting is a massive, stationary lasor firing monster made out of stone.

The DNB drums are quiet, I am aware of this. I've not mixed them yet, because I'm still hesitant on having them in there, and hence I'm not going to waste my time fully placing them in when I'm just gonna remove them after. If they do stay, they will sound a lot different though, cause I've pulled a loop from one of my other songs, just to hear what it would sound like with them in.

I fixed that bass up HoboKa, glad that you mentioned it, cause I think it sounds a lot better now :)