FL9 w/ ASIO4ALL leading to skips and stutters even after the program is closed

I built a new desktop pretty recently for music production purposes, and let me tell you, it's great. At least until I start up FL9. Then it sucks.

Before opening up FL9, the computer runs just fine; no skips, no stops, no stutters. Once I open up FL9, it sometimes, but not always, gets the computer going with skips and stutters that all register as underruns on the MIDI setup menu. Here's the shit: once I shut off FL, the problem continues, and there's no apparent processes related to FL running after the program has been axed.

Shutting down my computer fixes the problem. Restarting does not. I'm running the most recent update of Windows 7 64-bit.

Any idea what's going on?

Do tell. 10CHARRRR

Turn off keyboard by computer keyboard (so pressing keys on QWERTY won't trigger notes).

In the piano roll. Press M. If you want to keep QWERTY MIDI on, click "Abc" at the top of the piano.

Go to top left corner in piano roll window (arrow pointing down) for drop down menu. View > Rounded (uncheck it).

OMG MORPHING HAX

You're some kind of black mage.

EDIT: Or you've read the help file. One of the two.

Or I check every version of FL Studio for legacy options when they make a change I dislike. ;)

After doing so, I don't use the legacy options, by then I grow accustomed to the new stuff.

So try FL10, and see if your driver crash persists.

So what you're saying is that in the meantime, one should stick with FL9.

Got it.

What I'm saying is, deal with the cons of FL 10 because they'll be fixed and even if they wouldn't the pros outweigh the cons.

One of these pros is possibly making it so your audio drivers don't crash.

Another pro is telling you if your FL9 installation is making your audio drivers crash.