Megaman II Intro and theme

dummy

I was practicing/tweaking my orchestra template/workflow tonight and so did an orchestra cover of Megaman II's intro and theme.

I actually have quite a ton of orchestra version remixes on my YouTube channel. I would post them here but they're a bit short (most are under 2-3 minutes) and some are quite faithful to the originals.

Any feedback (particularly on realism) would be appreciated muchly!

I really enjoyed this orchestration/remix, great work =) You seem really talented with samples/humanisation, they all sound superb.

I can only comment on the string section since that is the bits I have the most experience with. The bit from 1:19-1:25, is what stuck out to me as being less than real.

String crossings with those notes sound a bit different live as you probably know, as each string sounds different and resonates a bit differently, but is something that never seems to translate well in sample libraries.

Also because that ascending passage at 1:19 is too fast for spiccato I think and the violins would have to use sautille as the technique there if you wanted it off the string, and it would sound different.But then again I don't think there are many sample libraries that have that technique. If you wanted the same technique spiccato, you could have 2 of the sections doing divis. But then again, maybe I've just been in noob orchestras and we can do it =D

But yeah, if you don't pay attention to how 'real' it sounds, it sound epic and awesome regardless, I subscribed <3

I love the first 50 seconds of this so much =w=

I'm don't know much about making orchestral sounds real so the only advice I have for you here on OCremix is expand on the themes. Orchestral music is great for exploring the various modes and melodies contained in classic tunes like this. I believe what you have right now would serve as a great beginning, followed by a few more minutes of diversion, expansion and awesomeness. :D Hope to hear more from you.

• 2 weeks later...