Realistic Sounding Bass. Does it exist?

Layer some soundfont basses?

But again, realistic bass isn't a necessity unless it has a longer solo section. Besides, real bass guitars have a lot of variation to the sound dependent on the guitar and the amp (for example I can't make a Yamaha and a Fender sound similar no matter what I do) so a vsti or a soundfont sound can probably pass as a real one.

What hakstock said. Unless you have a bass solo section, the bass is gonna be pretty buried anyways. However, there are some decent free bass soundfonts out there (I don't have links on hand at the moment). Just keep in mind that when it comes to bass, how well it mixes is the most important thing.

Another option if you're a guitarist, is to record the bass line on your guitar and resample it to an octave below, then run it through an amp sim. You can get surprisingly good results so long as you don't have a totally shit sampler. The default FL Studio sampler works fine for this.

What hakstock said. Unless you have a bass solo section, the bass is gonna be pretty buried anyways. However, there are some decent free bass soundfonts out there (I don't have links on hand at the moment). Just keep in mind that when it comes to bass, how well it mixes is the most important thing.

Another option if you're a guitarist, is to record the bass line on your guitar and resample it to an octave below, then run it through an amp sim. You can get surprisingly good results so long as you don't have a totally shit sampler. The default FL Studio sampler works fine for this.

Thanks a lot for the help you guys!

The resampling to an octave below is an interesting idea. I'll have to try it out!