FFVI Opening Theme

Hiteryan

This is my metal (sort of) arrangement of the Opening Theme from Final Fantasy 6.

I've made this about a little over a year ago and submitted it to OCRemix. They appeared to have found it great, but it wasn't accepted because it sounded too similar to the original, in terms of not having any melody changes, time signatures etc. Anyway, tell me what you think!

You can download it for free (as far as I remember) at http://last.fm/music/Hiteryan

Hope you enjoy 8)

Awesome. This theme always give me goosebumps. This one is no exception!

Same here lol.

Thank you for the kind feedback :) I've built myself a new PC last month, and I lost the raw files that I used here... and I would much like to resubmit this without having to re-record again (in which case I'd do it diferently).

Any remixers on this topic? Would you consider that, if I added to this arrangement the first part of the opening theme (the beginning with the organ and then the piano), but composed in a way that would highly differ from the original, this could be approved for OCRemix? Or would that not be enough?

Same here lol.

Thank you for the kind feedback :) I've built myself a new PC last month, and I lost the raw files that I used here... and I would much like to resubmit this without having to re-record again (in which case I'd do it diferently).

Any remixers on this topic? Would you consider that, if I added to this arrangement the first part of the opening theme (the beginning with the organ and then the piano), but composed in a way that would highly differ from the original, this could be approved for OCRemix? Or would that not be enough?

That could work, but you may have to vary up other parts as well; no point in remixing the first quarter, but then leaving the rest to be a cover; maybe even adding in snippets of other source tunes (without making it sound ADD) would help.

Personally, I like it as is though :nicework:

Wow, really good stuff. Not normally a fan of the metal/rock stuff on this site (except for Nekofrog gold - I love you man!). Not what I was expecting, and quite good.

Some feedback: I do feel like a little something is missing, but I can't say what. What's there is good, though.

for a second i almost thought this was made by the black mages lol. this is a good track man. now then...I don't know if the sound effect you used in the beginning of the song is supposed to sound like that but I almost hear pumping. maybe its me im not sure but im definitely hearing something. the riffs around 1:40 on did you want the reverb to blend in like that? if so than good, if not, around 1:47 it starts to get drowned in. you can hear it a bit but barely. other than that, everything else about it was awesome man. I think you got yourself a winner:-)