PRC202 - Megaman Meets Starfox (Mega Man Battle Network + Star Fox 2)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 202

PRCv8-20

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last PRC had two participants, and two winners. Both of the remixes got 15 points so it's a tie. Two new sources are selected.

Zerothemaster submitted the first source for this edition.

The Mega Man Battle Network series is the series that got me into gaming in the first place. I joined it at BN5 (a little late, I know), and have loved the series ever since. It's due to that game that I'm a hardcore MM fan today... if it hadn't been for it, I wouldn't have even found OCR! D:

But this is my favoritest track of the entire series: Cold and Silent, Battle Network 1. The most inspiring and dark track in the series.

I can't wait to hear all the remixes!

SubNormal J3 submitted the second source for this edition.

Awesome. I'll go with the following track then:

Star Fox 2 (Unreleased SNES Game)

In the spirit of Star Fox 64 3-D releasing next week, here is a track from Star Fox 2. It is pretty dynamic so it should be fun to arrange.

PRC202.jpg

Mega Man Battle Network (GBA) - Cold And Silent (Ice Man)

Star Fox 2 (SNES Unreleased)- Eladard

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen.

Source 1: Mega Man Battle Network

MID File

Source 2: Star Fox 2

MID File

Chiptunes

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY SEPTEMBER 12th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winners of PRC201, Zerothemaster and SubNormal J3, both can take part, but they have to remix each others source. They don't have a vote that counts twice. They are also allowed to remix their own source as a Bonus Mix.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Really nice source picks. :nicework:

--Eino

Seconded.

Wow, I already have two short sketches and one half-baked idea and there's still a week to go. Usually I don't have anything for a while o_O

I want to remix both of these but Im afraid I won't have time, but if I do it won't be that good.

Yeah, same here. Both of my legit ideas are for Eladard.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 5 entries are submitted.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, September 14th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC203.

When you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below.

Too bad. I would have voted for this one. A unique soundscape, with dissonance that stays on the fence without falling apart which is quite admirable. I like the interpretation circa 0:45 and how you took advantage of the short melodic section at the end of the original source loop. Nice work!

Hey man thanks for the feedback!!

No big deal I didn't make the cutoff, its all in good fun! I'm content with being a just a bonus entry :-D

WOW. I listened to my entry earlier today on a higher-quality sound system at my friend's house and my song sounded like shit. Sorry if you're drowning in bass frequencies!! DX

After my next compo (GRMRB Exhibition Match), I'm going to hold off on mixing for a bit until I can figure out what to do about my speaker situation. (not to mention school is nuts, but that is another story)

I use a Logitech surround sound system minus the back two speakers simply because they're the only good set of speakers I have. I typically listen to music and mix on this system with the bass dial halfway. Even after cranking the dial all the way to max bass, it still doesn't sound as bad as it did at my friend's house.

That leaves four possibilities:

1. The sub just can't deliver the actual amount of bass that is produced and therefore I need to look for new speakers if I want a more accurate sound representation. (this system was like $99)
  2. Something is weird in my soundcard settings.
  3. Both.
  4. I need to quit whining and just get used to these ones for the sake of saving some money right now.

Anyway, I'll quit derailing this topic and I'll post in the proper place if I need any help.

All of the entries sound awesome guys! How's that for on-topic? :tomatoface:

Sorry for the late announcement, but..

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 5

Total number of votes - 6

Maximum Score - 18.

Marcusg gets the last place wooden spoon with 4 points.

Obtuse only claimed only one point more and a fourth place.

Zerothemaster received 7 points and a third place.

Chroxic claimed a second place with 10 points.

And the winner of PRC202 winner is OneUp with 13 points!!

Congratulations OneUp. You have won. Megaman ruined Starfox.

OneUp, you may select the source for PRC203. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Do that as soon as you can, but before next Friday.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can find the votes here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC202