Revenge of Meta Knight - Ending

SomeGuyMusic

Greetings all!

I started this remix about five months ago. I've worked on it on and off ever since. It still isn't finished (I still have to write an epic guitar duet for the end :D), but I figured I'd showcase what I have thus far and maybe get some feedback.

http://tindeck.com/listen/eyei

I thought about how someone might go about analyzing this song, and this is what I decided to go with...:

This is a story told from the perspective of an innocent onlooker. The piano at the beginning is the narrator setting the scene as to what has just taken place (kirby's destruction of the Halberd). The rest of the 6/8 meter section is supposed to take place during the sunset ride of the actual game. The flute solo is the fallen voice of the sailor Waddle Dee :'(

The solo trumpet is the voice of Meta Knight trying to process what happened to him and his ship. The solo guitar is the voice of kirby (and sidekick) recounting the same events as they ride into the sunset; thus, the voices are in unison in some places and differ in other places. Upon conclusion of the 6/8 section, the setting changes once again to an undisclosed location months after the destruction of the Halberd. Kirby is asked about what happened, and he recounts the tale from his perspective. The solo female vocal is designed to convey a flashback or dreamlike atmosphere. Kirby and sidekick are, again, the guitars(which I haven't written yet, so use your imagination :P) They do their thing and destroy the Halberd. The solo female vocal is heard yet again, and that is to signify a return to the present. At another undisclosed location, Meta Knight is asked the same question by his villain buddies as to what happened. Meta Knight takes a brief moment to remember sailor Waddle Dee(solo flute) and then swears that he will one day avenge his dear Halberd, smite Kirby, and enslave Dreamland (the building and final sustained note by the solo trumpet).

So that's what popped into my head when I sat back and listened to this. I hope you all enjoy what I have so far and leave me feedback! :D

Careful with the crescendos, hits and big drums, the first one pushes the compression quite a bit. You could probably shave off some of the lows, and some of the overall level - it's pretty loud. The piano could use some subtle muffling and the flute and trumpet a little volume cut each. Same with guitar, drop its level slightly. Xylophone could have a warmer reverb. trumpet staccatos feel a little lonely, perhaps some low brass or string staccatos to accompany them? Female voice could use some delay, not sure. Worth trying tho.

Careful about exposing your kick drum too much. it sounds ok when used with the snare, but when it's just two kick notes, you're exposing it a bit too much, breaking the big and more epic sound you'd otherwise have.

Nice arrangement, nice track overall, gets really exciting at times. :D It just needs some subtle edits to stuff for it all to fall into place.

This is amazing I dream of making music this well mixed. I only really posted to compliment this arrangement. The only critique I have is extremely subjective so you can disregard it. Before the guitar starts playing, and even maybe a bit after, you could put (choir) oohs. I just heard them in my head while listening to the song. But in any case this amazing I can't wait until it's done.

This is amazing I dream of making music this well mixed. I only really posted to compliment this arrangement. The only critique I have is extremely subjective so you can disregard it. Before the guitar starts playing, and even maybe a bit after, you could put (choir) oohs. I just heard them in my head while listening to the song. But in any case this amazing I can't wait until it's done.

Thanks you for your kind words! I never thought about putting a choir in those two places; I'll try it and see how it sounds.