Merry Final Fantasy VII Day!

Garpocalypse

Merry birthday VII to a game I never played and probably never will unless there's some re-release on a future handheld console (or I actually end up buying a playstation system again, which i should totally do because I liked the ps2).

But apparently you're really awesome, I really like your music, and I really like JRPG's, so for that I commend you! (also I liked the few final fantasy games I did play, so that's a plus)

If you've never played it just get it and do it. Not only is it a really great game the first time through but you'll actually know what everyone is talking about when they faun over Final Fantasy VII. It really was an amazing game for its time.

http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/mods/

Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/mods/aalis-custom-graphics-driver/

This is a good place to start for improving graphics as it unlocks the resolution and allows you change it.

Woah. I did not know there was a PC version.

I gotta check this out. Thanks.

edit: Yeah Flare. To be honest I don't really know much about the game besides some of the music. But that might be a good thing once I start playing it. The hard thing is going to be to start playing it though. I'm still not even done with my Metroid celebration. <.< (Also I'm not even sure how this whole PC thing works yet)

The credits roll began mere seconds ago.

I have finally beaten Final Fantasy VII.

And, even though I've known what happens and seen it redone in Advent Children countless times, seeing the PS1 version of the scene did make me tear up a little... ^.^

EDIT:

304029_253927634647363_100000903857323_773701_195651910_n.jpg

DOUBLE EDIT:

Dude, if you go to the mods page linked earlier and go to the 9999 Limit Breaker page... check out the YouTube video...

haha it's hilarious...

Woah. I did not know there was a PC version.

I gotta check this out. Thanks.

edit: Yeah Flare. To be honest I don't really know much about the game besides some of the music. But that might be a good thing once I start playing it. The hard thing is going to be to start playing it though. I'm still not even done with my Metroid celebration. <.< (Also I'm not even sure how this whole PC thing works yet)

I believe there is a PC version for 7 8 and 9. They were basically able to port the PSX games.

So, I decided to play through this game again.

Uh, wow. I don't remember ever liking this game as much as a kid. I'm absolutely loving it. I'm talking like, staying up late to play it, dreaming about it, then picking it up again immediately in the morning. It has been a long time since I have felt this way about a game.

final fantasy vii, what have you done to me

• 11 months later...
We bonded together over my FF7 strategy guide. I carried it to school, and he asked to borrow it. The rest is history.

Oddly enough, I did the same thing in a sense. I bought the guide before the game, but my friend had the game and not the guide. So I brought it to school daily, then we'd go over to his house after school and play it until nightfall.

I started a perfect game run a few days ago (boy am I regretting that decision). Not that I care about how the graphics are (I still love the game regardless) but playing on an emulator with a decent shader plugin makes a nice difference.

Oddly enough, I did the same thing in a sense. I bought the guide before the game, but my friend had the game and not the guide. So I brought it to school daily, then we'd go over to his house after school and play it until nightfall.

My best friend pointed out to me on Facebook that FF7's 15th anniversary marks our 15th anniversary as friends as well. We bonded together over my FF7 strategy guide. I carried it to school, and he asked to borrow it. The rest is history.

Let the power that is FFVII enrich all of our lives.

This game is bad and you should feel bad!

FFVII still loves you brush, in time you will learn to love FFVII. But if you don't you're gonna burn!

Anyone else want to share their love of FFVII with us today?

:<

Replayed it again about 2 1/2 years ago...still f'n loved it. Probably even more so. What was cool I played Crisis Core, beat it, and then immediately played and beat FFVII.

I don't mind Cloud. I find it reasonable that he lost his mind. Anyone is a better main character than Vaan from FFXII.

You mean the remixer who did one of my favorite OCR tracks,

Winds of Inishmore http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01719/

didn't like the lead character?

O wait, suddenly the game over remix is making sense.