OCR02291 - Mega Man 9 "A New Beginning"

djpretzel

Way to go CHM! I knew you were going to do well on the project but wasn't expecting it to be one of the mixposts O_o

From what I understood of your profile, you have a tendancy to take ending songs and present them in a strongly upbeat everybody's-buddies-again kind of way, which I've noted particularly from renditions of the ending themes for Kirby Super Star, Pop n' Twinbee and Zelda: ALTTP (as part of "Unsealed"). So you've really managed to take the personification one step further for Mega Man 9's ending, really working on the pacing throughout when measuring it up towards the original.

I wish I could nitpick this as much as I can like some of your pre-2009 works, but to me, I feel this is amongst one of your best works yet, and a wonderful way to bring Back In Blue to a close.

So, once again huge success with your track, and welcome to the "album closer" club, member #38! With love, member #19. :wink:

• 1 month later...

It may be simple, but this was still the standout track from the album for me... maybe I'm just simple myself. There's one rock/synth combo figure that's repeated throughout the track (right at the beginning, 1:16, 1:46, 3:01) that makes me smile every time I hear it... given it's prominence in the mix I assume it featured heavily in the original as well, but I've never played the game so my ears give you full credit :wink:. Awesome work.

• 1 month later...

Wow, what a treat, you can definitely hear CarboHydroM's style in this ReMix. Fantastic drumming, the synthes were well done and the guitars really did give this a live sound. Amazing work with the climax and giving this tune the upbeat loving it deserved. Totally loved how the arrangement was handled and this was a great closer track for the album. Great job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02291 - Mega Man 9 "A New Beginning"