PSP, GBA, DS game recommendations for long trip

zircon

Since everyone has thus far only recommended cartridge and disc-based games, I'll limit myself to DLC content for the PSP and DSi.

PSP:

-Disc/DLC

• Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
    (Includes SotN and RoB as unlockables)
  • Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
  • Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
  • Capcom Puzzle World (includes Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo)
  • Crush
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  • HALF-MINUTE HERO
  • Jeanne d'Arc
  • LocoRoco 1 & 2
  • Me & My Katamari
  • Mega Man Maverick Hunter
  • Metal Gear Peace Walker
  • Metal Gear Portable Ops, Ops+ & Digital Comic Bundle
  • Patapon 1 & 3
  • Sega Genesis Collection
  • Silent Hill Shattered Memories
  • SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
  • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? 2: Time to Tighten Up Security

-DLC only

• echochrome
  • Everyday Shooter
  • flOw
  • Gradius Collection
  • Metal Slug
  • Metal Slug Anthology
  • No Heroes Allowed!
  • Patapon 2
  • PATCHWORK HEROES
  • SUPER STAR SOLDIER
  • UNO

-PSOne Classics

• Final Fantasy VII - IX
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Parasite Eve I & II
  • Resident Evil 1 - 3
  • Silent Hill
  • Street Fighter Alpha 1 & 2
  • Suikoden
  • Threads of Fate
  • Tomb Raider 1 - 4
  • Vagrant Story
  • Xenogears

-Japanese PSOne Classic Imports

• Arcade Hits: Shienryu
  • Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special
  • GaiaSeed
  • Magical Drop F
  • Mega Man I - III

DSi

-DSiWare

• 99Bullets
  • 505 Tangram
  • Anonymous Notes Chapter 1 & 2 (From the Abyss series)
  • Cave Story
  • Dark Void Zero
  • Dr. Mario Express
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Game & Watch series
  • Mighty Milky Way
  • myPostcards (wink, wink)
  • Rhythm Core Alpha (hintity-hint-hint)
  • Shantae: Risky's Revenge
  • Tetris Party Live
  • Wario Ware Snapped!

You no doubt have more than enough to last you a few long flights, but I'd like to add Art Style: Box Life to the DSiWare listing. It has two modes of play where the main goal is to create boxes by cutting out and folding paper. One mode has you earn money by boxing up bombs and minimizing wasted paper in order to earn money to decorate an isometric pixel plot of land on the title screen with new homes, new cars and pets. Surprisingly addictive.

You do know that WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS, MY LORD? itself is the sequel to HOLY INVASION OF PRIVACY, BADMAN!, right?

That's not exactly true. The full title of the first game was originally Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!: What Did I Do to Deserve This? Also, NIS revised the name of the first game after the second one was localized to reflect the original Japanese title, hence What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2....

That's not exactly true. The full title of the first game was originally Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!: What Did I Do to Deserve This? Also, NIS revised the name of the first game after the second one was localized to reflect the original Japanese title, hence What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2....

even more not exactly true, as the original title was actually Holy Invasion of Privacy, Batman!: What Did I Do to Deserve This.

even more not exactly true, as the original title was actually Holy Invasion of Privacy, Batman!: What Did I Do to Deserve This.

Interesting. I didn't realize that the original localization actually went that far to make the joke.

Anyway, back on topic - play da dang games, y'all.

Has Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia been Mentioned yet? Super, awesome, awesome, amazing and awesome all describe this. I love the weapon system, there's action galore, and the music is awesome. It's crazy hard, though (Normal is hard initially; Hard mode is insane unless you grind a bit.... I haven't even bothered with max lv. 1 hard mode, sounds impossible...). And yes, I did mean to use three awesome's to describe it. It's the best Castlevania on the system , in my opinion. it did feel a bit short once I beat it, though, even with the extra areas (cavern and training grounds).

EDIT:

~ Mega Man Zero series. Really fun sidescrollers, not overly long, but still have a good amount of game time and development in them. As always, fantastic music. Best to start from the beginning with #1, they're all really good.

What he said, too. I feel it's definitely a jump up in the action from the X-series. :-D I thought some of the music in the first one was a bit weak, but that's not an issue. I also feel the series really picks up on the second storywise. It's a steal for all four games in the collection on the DS. Also, the two Mega Man ZX's are pretty good, just a bit different.