Shinobi 3

AngelCityOutlaw

Yeah so I always really liked the Shinobi 3 title song and wondered what it would be like if had a bit more of a realistic sound.

You know that song,

Well, here's my version. http://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/shinobi-3-theme-remix

Obviously, right now it's just a cover of the original. Suggestions on expanding the arrangement and other tips is what I'm lookin' for right now.

My version is not insanely loud like most of my other crap.

haha - Nice! Sounds like Shinobi if it were a cartoon back in the 80's (and the brass was surprisingly smooth - might I ask what program was used?). That said, my comments on this would be that around 30 seconds or so, I know there are some chords that I was expecting to hear (I listen to this ost regularly lol) but they were missing. Perhaps you could take a simple piano and subtlety slide them in there - as without them it feels rather bare. Also, the drums feel really..compressed (that's the best word I can think of) - but it's most likely just me.

I can't comment much in regards to arrangement, as it's something I'm really weak at. However, I will say that perhaps some additional chords and an arp may go a long way with this; as it's a really short and to the point mix; not allowing much room for expansion if you're simply updating the old track.

That said, was a nice blast of nostalgia for me and it's shaping up to be really neat - lookin' forward to your finished version ACO.

It really does sound like an 80's cartoon theme (I think it's that brass) :P Perhaps you should listen to some old cartoon themes and make that your motif?

As far as varying up the arrangement, try dropping out everything except the bassline and the percussion, and let those (koto?) strings play a bit. You could go in a number of directions from there, letting other elements build in the background, etc.