Mystery Science Theater 3000

duskvstweak

I wish to concur with this suggestion' date=' and add 909 - Gorgo.

A couple friends and I get together every month or so to watch a few MST3K episodes. It's awesome to see just how long lasting of an impact Joel, Mike, and the Bots made on pop culture.

And remember:

Keep Circulating The Tapes![/quote']

I hadn't kept track of the show in its later years, so thanks for the heads up that they did a Gorgo episode! I'm going to check it out now!

Ah, MST3K. I remember the first time I saw it, it came on at like... three in the morning on a station when I was living out west. It was one of the Mystery Science Theater Hour episodes featuring a Hercules movie. Sadly, when I came back the next week, the show was nowhere to be found. Where it went, and what the station did with it, who knows.

I didn't see the show again until it came to the Sci-Fi Channel in '97. Then I got hooked officially and watched it to the end. I have all the episodes from seasons 8-10 recorded, and a number of the official releases from spots in the first seven seasons (all on VHS of course). Oh, and the movie too.

It was a great show, one that I really wish someone would get the syndication rights for so that all ten seasons could be aired somewhere. I'd love to get to see the many, many episodes I missed.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

What's really neat is that they just released an homage to MST3K in the form of "Manos: The Hands of Fate," a videogame developed for the iOS that is in the style of an NES game. Not only does it look to Manos as the main form of inspiration, but enemies include killer shrews, Trolls from Nilbog, RoMan from "Robot Monster," the Giant Claw from the movie "The Giant Claw," and screaming skull enemies! It's a really fun game, you guys should check it out:

All MST3K episodes are glorious. "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank" is the worst movie ever made, but surprisingly, some of the movies they make fun of really aren't that bad ("Clonus" springs to mind). As someone else mentioned, Joel and Mike's other respective projects are also worth checking out. I recommend the Rifftrax episode "Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny" because the movie itself is so ludicrous you'll be pissing yourself with laughter even before the guys start cracking jokes.

Like the one about springs, and the little mascot coil-e.

The best thing is when they reference these old episodes a decade later, and if you've seen the originals you get the joke immediately. They referenced this one in a recent Rifftrax episode.

Like the one about springs, and the little mascot coil-e.

Noooo springs!

Showed this to Stevo a few weeks ago, but if you guys like Final Sacrifice, there's actually an interview with the guy who played Rowsdower that's interesting to watch. Can't access youtube from here to link it, but the video is titled Inteview with Zap Rowsdower.

Noooo springs!

Showed this to Stevo a few weeks ago, but if you guys like Final Sacrifice, there's actually an interview with the guy who played Rowsdower that's interesting to watch. Can't access youtube from here to link it, but the video is titled Inteview with Zap Rowsdower.

I'll have to check that one out... seven years later.