Impostor Nostalgia - Now on iTunes, AmazonMP3, CD Baby, and Bandcamp! Physical CDs available!

big giant circles

Moar press, thanks Rama!

http://thasauce.net/2011/09/13/jimmy-bgc-hinson-jake-virt-kaufman-double-album-release/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Also, you guys seriously need to check out Jake's work on his recently released Bloodrayne: Betrayal OST. I mean, it's virt. Do you really need more motivation?

Awesome guys! Protodome's artwork is teh sex too.

Also, I put the entire album up on Youtube, so ya know, go there and listen to it (or pirate it, or whatever, I really can't stop you) :P

More updates soon, I'll try to wrap up the physical album prep by tomorrow, as well as updates on getting it on iTunes, Amazon, CDbaby, etc.

Also, the track "Raindancer" is totally free to DL, just enter "0" in the amount field and proceed! Tell your friends!

Day 3: No human interaction between classes. Album on loop.

The timing of this release was just right. It reminded me how far I have to go just as I was getting a little comfortable. I was also thinking "ooh, good filler until halc's Pilotwangz album" when I first saw this but after the download that kind of turned into "holy shit!"

Ah I'm posting way too much on this. Let this serve as my final bump.

More updates soon, I'll try to wrap up the physical album prep by tomorrow, as well as updates on getting it on iTunes, Amazon, CDbaby, etc.

Really? I already bought it once and now I have to buy it again. I don't know if I can scrape up the extra cash for the physical copy. :cry: Is this going to be one of those special edition get them now before everyone else buys them?

EDIT: By the way Buzzsaw is really addicting. Da bass! Super props to you and zircon! And just out of curiosity, when you say something is featuring someone, how much do they contribute to the track?

Really? I already bought it once and now I have to buy it again. I don't know if I can scrape up the extra cash for the physical copy. :cry: Is this going to be one of those special edition get them now before everyone else buys them?

EDIT: By the way Buzzsaw is really addicting. Da bass! Super props to you and zircon! And just out of curiosity, when you say something is featuring someone, how much do they contribute to the track?

Don't worry, I'm going to spend some time going over records and work something out for people who have already bought the digital version. In hindsight, I would have made sure to have physicals available from the start, but I'm learning as I go :)

For the "featuring _______" tracks it really varies from song to song. In some cases the featured person maybe contributed a solo or some extra layers. In other cases, we went back and forth and pretty equally shared the writing process evenly. Buzzsaw was probably more of a "back and forth" type thing. Everything zircon added was pure gold. I could sit and give you an exact breakdown of who contributed what per song, but I'd rather keep you guessing ;) (Besides, I like to think that the collaborations were so seamless that it's hard to tell!) But that's just me :]

For the "featuring _______" tracks it really varies from song to song. In some cases the featured person maybe contributed a solo or some extra layers. In other cases, we went back and forth and pretty equally shared the writing process evenly. Buzzsaw was probably more of a "back and forth" type thing. Everything zircon added was pure gold. I could sit and give you an exact breakdown of who contributed what per song, but I'd rather keep you guessing ;) (Besides, I like to think that the collaborations were so seamless that it's hard to tell!) But that's just me :]

More interesting to me than who wrote what is what unique stylistic elements emerge as part of the collab that don't appear on other tracks. The bass on Buzzsaw (especially during the bridge section as the Pac-Man cameo makes its appearence) is one of those things, for instance.

Read about it on some web page, listened to it at BandCamp, bought it on BandCamp, listened to while shopping, listened to while driving, listened to it while working, listened to it while posting this, will be listening to it some more after I'm finished listening to it right now.

It's a great album, I totally dig your "style"! I'm a great fan of chiptune and electronica (BT comes to mind) and here's an album which is influenced by both! WOOHOO!

I demand more of this! ...please?

Bought it as soon as it came out, and it's one of the highest quality albums I've listened to for years. The tracks are consistently good throughout the whole album (and for 75 minutes that's no mean feat), and despite so many collabs, it still feels cohesive.

The title's also perfect - these songs infect my brain and distort my memory to make me think I've heard them before, when it's just the magic of chiptunes :)