FFX HD Remaster for PS3 and Vita

Brandon Strader

I remember being 22 hours in and being stuck at a particularly tough boss, it was a huge accomplishment when I finally beat it.

was it on the mountain, fighting that flying sepharim construct of the bad guy? i remember that particular fight being very difficult both times i played it through.

alas, blitzball is the main reason i want to play this game again =) it's all i did in the first one anyways. i wish that there was a standalone version of it or similar out there.

was it on the mountain, fighting that flying sepharim construct of the bad guy? i remember that particular fight being very difficult both times i played it through.

alas, blitzball is the main reason i want to play this game again =) it's all i did in the first one anyways. i wish that there was a standalone version of it or similar out there.

Seymour on Mount Gagazet? That one always gave me a ton of trouble, far more than Yunalesca usually does.

It was on the exterior of the airship right before crashing the wedding, and the awesome cutscene of everyone surfing down the chains.

Flipping dragon thing

Second time you fight him, he dies instantly from a phoenix down

"please. lend. us. your. strength."

:|

I had hoped, really hoped that they had re-recorded Yuna's badly-delivered english lines, but nope! Same crap as 2001.

The original voices are perfect. If that's the level of quality they're bringing to the sound production though, they're going to need a broom, because it's a mess.

I just wanted to share this little story that happened to today involving FF and linearity.

This guy was buying a Final Fantasy XIII strategy guide because he's, "At the beginning and lost. I don't know where to go and the game doesn't tell you. There is a map, but that doesn't help much."

I almost burst out laughing. This is a game that is notorious for being a straight line the entirety of the game and he's lost. Now, I'm not trying to sound like a hardcore gamer douchebag, but getting lost in FF XIII is as bad as getting lost when your destination is the house across the street.

Well... ok... there's some parts where there are puzzles or whatnot. I personally never had a problem with it. Maybe he's in that one really long hallway that seems like it never ends, so he thinks there had to be some other way to go. Who knows. Either way that's how they sell strategy guides.

I think a FFX guide is justified, it's linear but not THAT linear. You get a lot of freedom to backtrack to any area and there are a lot of secrets.

Well... ok... there's some parts where there are puzzles or whatnot. I personally never had a problem with it. Maybe he's in that one really long hallway that seems like it never ends, so he thinks there had to be some other way to go. Who knows. Either way that's how they sell strategy guides.

I think a FFX guide is justified, it's linear but not THAT linear. You get a lot of freedom to backtrack to any area and there are a lot of secrets.

I think it's justified just for all of Rikku's overdrives. That's why my friend got the guide. That's also why I consulted GameFAQs instead of paying for a guide.

• 1 month later...