Already own Logic Express: Should I get FL?

Jedihillis

Hey everyone, I was wondering if it was worth it to pick up Fruity Loops for my PC. I already own Logic Express 9 and was thinking about upgrading to Logic Pro before the end of the year. But I see most people on here like to use FL Studio to do their compositions.

So do you think it's worth getting FL instead of Logic Pro or would you recommend both? Just trying to get a feel as to what's the best move to make for the future. Thanks! :-)

FL Studio has a demo version. If you like it better than Logic, use it. If you like Logic better, use Logic. You don't really need both unless you need to do music on both your Mac and your PC, in which case it might be better to switch to something else entirely to get cross-compatibility, since Logic is Mac-only and FL is PC-only.

u can maek musix wit no fl?

Really, use something you can use effectively. If you've got Logic skills, you'll probably do better than if you have to get FL skills before you can start making music again. It's not like you'd be the only one here using Logic.

Besides, all my mixes were done in Express, some of them with some new instruments but EYOD-Lacrima were all LE iirc.

if you're comfortable with logic express and can make music with it, i personally don't see much of a need to switch to FL or any other program. but if you're interested, you can try out the FL demo and see how it goes. it wasn't really my thing, so i actually made the reverse switch and have been using logic for a while now. but give it a shot! you may dig it.

I've tried using FL and I find it a bit difficult to get around. I think that's just because I've been using Logic and before that Garageband.

One of the things I do like about FL's though is their plug-ins. Also it seems like it may be a quicker way to compose once you get the hang of the software.

I was just curious what people's opinions are so I appreciate the feedback! :)

I've tried using FL and I find it a bit difficult to get around. I think that's just because I've been using Logic and before that Garageband.

One of the things I do like about FL's though is their plug-ins. Also it seems like it may be a quicker way to compose once you get the hang of the software.

I was just curious what people's opinions are so I appreciate the feedback! :)

IMO if you're on a Mac and already have Express, just get Logic 9 Academic. It's like $150 (cheaper than FL Producer) and comes with an insane amount of samples, synths, effects, etc. People like OA and Fishy do amazing work with only Logic 9 and pretty much nothing else.