Help Jillian Aversa (pixietricks) sing for Assassin's Creed: Revelations! Make it happen!

zircon

OMG, I just woke up to find that I'm at #2?! Unbelievable... thank you, guys. Seriously. :)!!

Ack, really?! I feel awful. I actually deleted my first Facebook post about the contest entirely because I realized I hadn't written the correct information on how to vote. Your comment(s) must have been on that... Swear to God, I didn't even see that you wanted to enter! You still should, though.

I do completely understand the point of view of those who believe I shouldn't have entered the contest. I have been involved in video game soundtracks already, yes... And it does always seem unfair the way these popular voting systems work.

However, public votes can only get me into the top 20 - then it's for Hans Zimmer and the judges to decide. There are a lot of amazing entries up there, and I actually joined the comp quite late (it's been open for a while), so I do think that those others have as good a shot as anyone.

I'm also trying to make a living off music, and believe me, I make no where close to a full time salary at this point even though it's the only job I have. ^_~

So yeah... I stand by my entry, but wish everyone the best of luck! If there are other OCR artists in there, by all means, vote for them too!!! :D

I agree, when it comes to music.. yes you've been in the industry with some game music.. But.. making a living off of it is a dog eat dog world. I voted, and let my friends know.

Checking the other entries out in the top five, I'm not very impressed. They have some nice voices.. but they lack a presence and "body" so to speak. Definitely supporting you. And if nothing else.. I may not get this game.. but I want this song.

You know what? This is just my personal opinion but I feel like you've got enough posts on these forums already, Ferret, so no offense but sit this thread out. I might be wrong, but you don't have to get involved with every thread that comes your way. That's the quickest road to making yourself look like an ass.

lCE BURN

There were a lot of people who really didn't follow the piano melody at all like Jill did, makes me wonder if they'll lose points for that or if it even matters. I'll try to get one up tomorrow night notthatitwouldreallygetanywherebutthatsok

Hey, if you're in the top twenty you make it on. I see no reason for the OCR community NOT to support you - having not one but TWO remixers on the bill would be pretty awesome.

OMG, I just woke up to find that I'm at #2?! Unbelievable... thank you, guys. Seriously. :)!!

Ack, really?! I feel awful. I actually deleted my first Facebook post about the contest entirely because I realized I hadn't written the correct information on how to vote. Your comment(s) must have been on that... Swear to God, I didn't even see that you wanted to enter! You still should, though.

I do completely understand the point of view of those who believe I shouldn't have entered the contest. I have been involved in video game soundtracks already, yes... And it does always seem unfair the way these popular voting systems work.

However, public votes can only get me into the top 20 - then it's for Hans Zimmer and the judges to decide. There are a lot of amazing entries up there, and I actually joined the comp quite late (it's been open for a while), so I do think that those others have as good a shot as anyone.

I'm also trying to make a living off music, and believe me, I make no where close to a full time salary at this point even though it's the only job I have. ^_~

So yeah... I stand by my entry, but wish everyone the best of luck! If there are other OCR artists in there, by all means, vote for them too!!! :D

Ah ok, well that makes sense about posting again for the info... :-D I knew you didn't do it on purpose, I JUST KNEW IT

I don't think you should not do something just because you've been lucky enough to be involved... If anything you should do as much as you can and get yourself out there, and other people can do that too... no need to step aside for someone else... but Gario makes a good point too, we could have 2 OCRtists in the top 20. Or, we could have 20 of them up there. :grin:

"Hans Zimmer and the other judges" yep. Hans is the MAN. Creator of Spider Pig music.

And just to add, I hope to make one WORTH voting for, I'll take my time on it... probably Saturday night or Sunday

You know what? This is just my personal opinion but I feel like you've got enough posts on these forums already, Ferret, so no offense but sit this thread out. I might be wrong, but you don't have to get involved with every thread that comes your way. That's the quickest road to making yourself look like an ass.
2ylmrg4.gif

-----------

I'm a big fan of Assassins Creed (the next game taking place in Istanbul so that's a massive big-up on my Turkish heritage) and further more, one of the main reasons i found out about OCR was because of a certain Lover Reef tune i heard back in the day, lol.

No doubt i voted and spread the word over FaceBook and Twitter in regards to this. Wishing you all the best of luck, Pixie.

I'm not familiar with the Assassin's Creed franchise, but this track is really beautiful! Jillian, your voice is so incredibly pristine. It's wonderful.

Also, kudos to zircon for such a simple yet incredibly enchanting arrangement (which I assume was his work?).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

No no, Hans Zimmer wrote the theme & backing track. This contest is for singing only, not composition. But thank you!