Help me get a chance to sing for Assassin's Creed: Revelations - And make a dream come true!

TommyGundersen

Heya everyone!

Before I move on to my point, I think a short introduction is appropriate as it's my first post.

My name is Tommy Gundersen. I am a 20 year young composer who dream of making his way into the game-music career. I tried to join these forums about a year ago, but got occupied by school.

Now I am back for full and hope to give Jillian a.k.a. Pixietricks a run for her money! Hehe! (Don't get me wrong, I love her entry!!)

I hate this being my first post here, as I've been familiar with OCR for many years, but the deadline is due tomorrow...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As many of you probably know, there is a contest going on by Ubisoft/UJAM, where the winner will get the opportunity to sing for the main-theme in Assassin's Creed: Revelations!

The first round, which ends tomorrow, is about reaching the top 20 on the leaderboards. Those will proceed to the finals. I am currently ranked #21. Tough luck!

Thus I ask for you guys' kind help! It would be a great honor for me if you could listen to my track and vote should you like it! All votes are as worthy as gold to me right now!

I would like to thank all of you who've taken time to read this. Thanks!

I hope to be a lot more active in the near future and be able to contribute my remixes to OCRE and the listeners she has to offer! :mrgreen:

Best regards,

Tommy.

Unfortunately, with the email sent to all OCR members urging them to vote for Jillian Aversa, you are effectively competing against the officially OCR endorsed participant in the competition. Thanks to this endorsement, her lead seems almost insurmountable. Voted for you anyway though. :smile:

*Pulls up the arms of his T-Shirt and flexes a iny-tiny muscle* Challenge accepted!

Thanks for vote! :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, with the email sent to all OCR members urging them to vote for Jillian Aversa, you are effectively competing against the officially OCR endorsed participant in the competition. Thanks to this endorsement, her lead seems almost insurmountable. Voted for you anyway though. :smile:

You can vote for as many people as you want and the winner isn't decided by votes anyway.

Again, there's no reason we can't vote for more than one participant. He has the right idea, here - post about his participation in a VGM forum and ask people to support him.

Which is what I'm doing now. I don't know if there's any possibility of editing tracks (probably not), but for future reference editing out the inhaling sounds would remove the disconnect it ends up creating. That's the beauty of recording - you can remove imperfections that are physically impossible to remove otherwise :)!!. Your voice is great, btw.

Don't worry - you still have my vote.

Hey, if you don't manage to make it on the final track I could always use a good male tenor... In fact, I could really use a good male tenor, like, right now. Seriously.

I'll be your tenor if you give me tenure :-o

Here's mine for a sample: http://www.ujam.com/songs/j4Kn6Q9SzPh5

We're totally not breaking the top 20 though, bros :-( sad

Hey everyone,

first of all: Cool voice, Tommy! Good luck with making the Top20, you are very close :smile:

I got a friend of mine to participate in the contest. Her submission is excellent and should definitely be in the Top20, but we obviously suck at promoting, so the entry is only at #69. :cry:

Check it out here:

I'd like some feedback please. IMO her entry is in a different league, even compared to most of the current Top20. Not only does she have a great voice, but the vocal melody is well thought out, too (most of the submissions I've heard sound completely improvised and lack direction). Or am I just being biased? :-)

Hey everyone,

first of all: Cool voice, Tommy! Good luck with making the Top20, you are very close :smile:

I got a friend of mine to participate in the contest. Her submission is excellent and should definitely be in the Top20, but we obviously suck at promoting, so the entry is only at #69. :cry:

Check it out here:

I'd like some feedback please. IMO her entry is in a different league, even compared to most of the current Top20. Not only does she have a great voice, but the vocal melody is well thought out, too (most of the submissions I've heard sound completely improvised and lack direction). Or am I just being biased? :-)

Hey Matoshi! Thanks a bunch!

Your friend has a good voice, but ... I'm not sure what I feel about thread-hijacking :)