OCR02298 - Chrono Trigger "where threads connect"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

Nice mix - I'm a great fan of string instruments :) . My main qualm here is that it sounds a little muddy and that something sounds off - I think the recording could have been improved. The violin really adds a nice touch otherwise though with its rich sound. The violin is a sad aspect that contrasts with the rest of the instrumentation. It brings an interesting combo to the song.

Thanks for the comments guys, we had a great time making this mix, and also allowed me to learn many things about mixing.

I only did the recording side, and melody took control of the eq/reverb. I think the tone of the violin fits the second half more so than the first, which sounds a bit muddy initially and bass heavy. But I guess things appeal differently to different people =)

Either way, the feedback has helped me quite a lot in my own recording and EQ/mastering of strings so thank you to everyone who commented, hopefully the other few remixes coming will have the right balance in regards to the tone/quality :D

• 10 months later...

Very nice use of strings and violin. This was an elegant and brillant song that had a cool pace to it. Fun little jazzy synth bits to it as well, which makes for an even better listen with things like this. I really liked the fade out and return near the end. That was a pretty cool effect.

• 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02298 - Chrono Trigger "where threads connect"