in theory - singularity (non-profit jazz/hip-hop album available via bandcamp!!)

melody

edit (10/31): due to an overwhelming response from my supporters, we have exceeded bandcamp's monthly bandwidth cap. to circumvent this and keep the momentum alive, the album is now available through my mediafire account.

grab it here: http://tinyurl.com/singularityalbum

facebook event page (invite your friends!): http://www.tinyurl.com/singularityfacebook

singularity is a soulful blend of hip-hop and jazz, and the distillation of the transformativeness of much in my recent life.

the style of the album is inevitably a synthesis of all my big inspirations: nujabes, yngwie malmsteen, motoi sakuraba, yoko kanno, and the list goes on. for those unfamiliar, the album carries some serious overtones of both jazz and hip-hop (big nod to nujabes), though i've injected much of my own flavor into the mix. there is a touch of electronica. and the gratuitous guitar solo.

check the album at www.intheori.bandcamp.com

much love and God bless,

peter kim/in theory

sig: 6282106210_ab2cfc3061.jpg

I really like what I'm hearing in the song excerpts on the demo track. The excerpt from 0:43-1:05 with the vocals and the last excerpt with the gratuitous guitar solo both stood out as tracks I think I'll be listening to a lot :)

I have a lot of a love for nujabes (I own two of the Samurai Champloo OSTs and love their tracks) so any music that's drawing inspiration from them is something I'll be well interested to check out in full.

Also, I just finished listening to your Chrono Trigger remix. Congratulations on getting it posted, I think it's a wonderful take on a classic source tune.

• 2 weeks later...
we're good, thanks for the concern! shing is genuinely encouraging of people using his acapellas. he also personally hosts them on his site.

I was talking about it being titled "luv sic part 5", but if it's not covered, which I don't imagine to be true, now might be a good time to do it (this is partly what I do for a living).

back to the music though, i appreciate the kind words man and hope you get a copy of the album :)

How much? I want to be able to make good on supporting other artists as I hock my own wares constantly these days, but it hasn't yet alleviated my budgetary concerns. I'm only going to make about $50 in my bank account this month alone, so money's kinda tight.

That said, yes, I would be happy to support you whenever possible. It's only fair if I expect people to buy my shit that I should do the same for others. :)

• 2 weeks later...