Mega Man 7 - Shade Man (remake/cover *old*)

SuperiorX

Hey everyone, so I was going through some OLD stuff on my external hard drive today and I found an old remix of mine, it's Shade Man's theme from Mega Man 7 (one of the coolest, most under-appreciated robot master themes IMO). Anyway, figured I'd post it here for anyone who cares to take a listen. It's not amazing or anything, in fact it's more of a remake/cover as there isn't a whole lot of original interpretation, but I like it nonetheless. It's one of the first mixes I had made and I'd completely forgot about it up to this point. I was going for kind of a creepy vibe with the track, a lot of piano, atmospheric noises, and some interesting tin-box type filters.

Modified date on the file says 9/5/2004, so it's an oldie. It's not up to today's standards, but I'm curious, if I had subbed this thing back in 2004 do you guys think it'd have been posted? I can't remember why I never did, I'd known about OCR at the time.

Anyway enough rambling, here's the link: http://www.box.net/shared/zs64poaglsncoxuovr39

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually outstanding. The only thing I was wishing while listening is that at parts like 1:30, the drums would pick up and the tempo would increase. Instead it spends most of the 6 minutes doing the same thing. It does it well, but it feels like some parts should pick the energy up. The speed does increase near the end, but it feels like it's being fastforwarded instead of really changing.

Downloaded, though. I'd love to see it played with and submitted.

It's actually outstanding. The only thing I was wishing while listening is that at parts like 1:30, the drums would pick up and the tempo would increase. Instead it spends most of the 6 minutes doing the same thing. It does it well, but it feels like some parts should pick the energy up. The speed does increase near the end, but it feels like it's being fastforwarded instead of really changing.

Downloaded, though. I'd love to see it played with and submitted.

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Yeah I messed around with that transition section as a way to break up some of the monotony, but I didn't vary the tempo much until the end.

Unfortunately, it's not going to be worked on further though. It is what it is. The thing is so old I don't even have the project files for it anymore. Plus it'd need a major overhaul to pass the panel, as it is now the arrangement isn't up the standards. I like it for what it is though and it's nice someone else does too haha.