Bloodrayne: Betrayal

AngelCityOutlaw

Yeah the Bloodrayne name has some bad mojo attached to it on account of the films. I've also never played the original two. But I really love this new one. I'm on the second last chapter and wow......it's difficult to say the least. The animation is great, music is killer and overall it's tons of fun. In my opinion anyway. It's got a real castlevania vibe.

Anyone else played it? What you think?

I heard it is very difficult. btw, when TrueStar came to visit me, she brought those secret bloodrayne music tracks so I could play it on my radio show, remember? well, now you can download the soundtrack, since it's actually out :D

http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/bloodrayne-betrayal-official-soundtrack

the NES versions of the songs are equally as amazing. Or in some cases I like them better :)

I heard it is very difficult. btw, when TrueStar came to visit me, she brought those secret bloodrayne music tracks so I could play it on my radio show, remember? well, now you can download the soundtrack, since it's actually out :D

http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/bloodrayne-betrayal-official-soundtrack

the NES versions of the songs are equally as amazing. Or in some cases I like them better :)

That's awesome! I'll have to get that soundtrack. Yeah, it's difficult. I'd say I actually had less trouble getting through Ninja Gaiden II.

Being that I liked BloodRayne 2, this has got to be awesome.

It is awesome =D

Well, I finally beat it the other day and all in all I'd say it was great. I loved the head banging demon! Anyway, I found that towards the end some of the game's difficulty comes from......poor art decisions. Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing, but sometimes there is so much red and black that you can't tell where you are.

One boss fight I must've died 40 times (seriously) because of the colors and the camera was zoomed out so far that the boss' health bar would actually completely cover you up when you go into bird form.

Some, silhouette fights, mainly the last chapter, suffer from the same issue. Because the game is so focused on fighting crowds, when the whole sceen is flooded with black shapes and you're right in the cross-fire, you disappear...