VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

And she's right, Rayza should be himself. Anyone who can SonikElektronik can talk any way he wants to.

He sure can, but if he wants to engage an auidence, there should be an energy to the show proceedings to keep listeners interested.

Don't get me wrong, it was the first show, but I was just making a suggestion on how it could get better.

Not trying to rag on Larry, but he was himself, he said yo alot, he made weird noises, he tried to distract us by taking his t-shirt off. But he was larry, and ya, we ragged him on it... but he was always Larry.

Hence... Rayza will be Rayza. (just my opinion)

I think what UE is saying is that it might be better if Rayza were a little more dynamic. It's not like it's not him all of a sudden- we all have different facets to our personalities. It's not like it's that big of a deal, but I nonetheless agree with UE that it'd be in the best interest of the show for him to spice it up a bit. Either way, he'll still be the Rayza that we know and love.

Again, great work on the show, looking forward to more of them as they come in. :)

And she's right, Rayza should be himself. Anyone who can SonikElektronik can talk any way he wants to.

He sure can, but if he wants to engage an auidence, there should be an energy to the show proceedings to keep listeners interested.

Don't get me wrong, it was the first show, but I was just making a suggestion on how it could get better.

Not trying to rag on Larry, but he was himself, he said yo alot, he made weird noises, he tried to distract us by taking his t-shirt off. But he was larry, and ya, we ragged him on it... but he was always Larry.

Hence... Rayza will be Rayza. (just my opinion)

This has nothing to do with Larry.

As a broadcast journalism major, I'm sharing what I've learned while doing my own show.

You may not care about being professional since it's only a podcast, but if you look at any radio host that you like, any TV host that you like, you are interested in watching/listening to them because they have an energy that conveys what they're talking about as engaging.

I've listened to a few podcasts before, but I never knew they were called "podcasts." I just thought of them as cool radio shows you could listen to whenever you wanted. I will never look at them the same way again...heh.

Good show overall. It's nice to see more people trying to promote VG music and remixes in some way. Nice little thing at the end where you spoke of your first time meeting. I found that really entertaining for some reason.

I'd like to say that I agree that Rayza should sound a little more into the show while he's talking. It would definitely make it more interesting to listen to. Aurora's voice adds a nice balance to the whole thing and makes it sound more....complete...I guess. All the other podcasts I've listened to have had only males doing the talking, so it's cool to hear a female voice (and a good one at that) doing some of the talking.

I think Rayza should go on a morphine addiction. It is a fundamental part of all successful talks show hosts and will benefiet him simarly without doubt. Rayza must fall.

But before he falls, he must take our hearts and minds with him.

am i rite?!?!

you are interested in watching/listening to them because they have an energy that conveys what they're talking about as engaging.

Granted. I would have been more involved if he had been a little more colorful. However, Rayza, please for the love of God do not be one of those loud in-your-face DJs.

I'd prefer comfortable, natural, uncaptivating speech to somebody trying to sound energetic simply for its own sake.

But yeah, whoever said it is right, it doesn't really matter. :)

Edit: I'm debating whether you should play whole songs on the program. Clips seem weird...maybe I should get used to it. But I'd like to hear the whole song the right way rather than hearing some really jammin' part in the middle before I hear the introduction (i.e. that FF song with the guitar solo). However, I'm also interested in what you guys have to say, and wouldn't want too much time taken up by songs that, as you noted, I can download anytime I want.

well I first posted this on the comment box on VGDJ's website, then I tought "hummm a email will be better"... but now I have to strike a third time by posting it in the forum:P

"Pretty impressive! Aurora, you're a natural born radio host:P (got a sweet sexy voice there;))

Of course, being a very old ocremix fan, a lot of information about the website was nothing new to me but I think it's a nice touch anyway! I've not yet finish to listened to it but I can already say I really can't wait for the other episodes!

also... i'd like to add some ideas about the other shows...

-Interview DJP:)

-Interview a Judge about his job!

-Interview a Remixer that's "hot" at the moment (like Goat)

-Talk about all the now very popular "remix projects" --i'm sure I missed one or two:P

i'll probably have other idea later on:)

Anyway keep the music alive -- I'll be a big fan:) (I oughta start a Aurora fanclub... lol:P you could send out signed posters and all :P)

-Interview DJP:)

-Interview a Judge about his job!

-Interview a Remixer that's "hot" at the moment (like Goat)

-Talk about all the now very popular "remix projects" --i'm sure I missed one or two:P

Darkesword sez:

child-labor-anti.jpg

major lol!:P

ahh come on you LOVE your job and you know it:)

now go get me a burger and keep the change... it'll be you day's pay!:)

Hey thanks YoshMaster, if we can get boosted up into higher rankings more people will hear our show and bring more visitors to OCR!

Also, I would really like to interview DJP, hopefully we can arrange something. And a judge would be a good candid look behind the scenes at OCR, does anyone have anyone in particular they'd like to hear from?

Lastly, we are trying to get little clips from the remixers that are going to be featured on the show so hopefully they get back to me in time.

Glad you like the show! Thanks for the support..

Hey thanks YoshMaster, if we can get boosted up into higher rankings more people will hear our show and bring more visitors to OCR!

no problems!:) i'm the first to think OCR should be known all over the world:)

you know, if it wasn't for the fact that I think my english sucks (i'm french speaking (from Quebec not france but still)) cause I find I have too much of an accent (I find it funny that people find it funny that you have an "canadian" accent too hehe) I'd gladly participate by Skyping with you (or sending mp3s or whatver) but you can always count on me for any kind of help (be it website, technical things, ideas, texts, whatever!)

Also, I would really like to interview DJP, hopefully we can arrange something. And a judge would be a good candid look behind the scenes at OCR, does anyone have anyone in particular they'd like to hear from?

hummmm I don't mind much I like them all (if I ever post a remix this line should help me...! :P

Lastly, we are trying to get little clips from the remixers that are going to be featured on the show so hopefully they get back to me in time.

ohhh that makes me think...

you should try to put a WIP that you guys like once a week! maybe even try to "help" the remixer with ideas on how to improve the mix a little.. I find that the WIP forum is a great place to get songs that you may like and MAY not even find their way to the site so we could promote this tool!

Time restraints, they are already only playing clips of the remixes, I don't think they have time for a full WIP.

Maybe they could alternate. Play a RRR one week, Play a WIP another week.

I voted, BTW.

Well the only thing is that we don't really wanna play favorites, so picking a WIP would be kinda tough. For the RRR we're gonna see what comes up on a page THEN roll a dice to pick which one out of the 6 it is to really keep it random :)

Thanks for voting Walan, and anyone else that did.

but wouldn't promoting the WIP board but good to help not only listeners but remixers? they could see how the board help them to progress etc

and as for not choosing "favorites" you could simply take one at random or maybe the "newest" one at the time you're making the show or something...

anyway it's up to you:)

the best thing is to slowly change things up until you all feel comfortable with the show... let's not try too many changes at a time..

I'd be willing to be on the show, if you're not afraid of another radio show host (and remix project coordinator) coming on with you. :P

Sure if you've got something scene-y to talk about we'll have you on. We have Rama doing a scene report which will hopefully be a regular thing..