VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Damn, The Dwelling of the Duels' bandwith was exceeded. I was looking to get my hands on some good MGS mixes. Oh well, I'll check later. Anyway, great job with the show guys. Fusion was cool, but I like Aurora better. Although this does bring up the possibility of guest hosts (or not, I'm kinda on the fence as to whether that's a good idea or not). Whatever, I just hope you can get Aurora back on ASAP.

Damn, The Dwelling of the Duels' bandwith was exceeded. I was looking to get my hands on some good MGS mixes. Oh well, I'll check later. Anyway, great job with the show guys. Fusion was cool, but I like Aurora better. Although this does bring up the possibility of guest hosts (or not, I'm kinda on the fence as to whether that's a good idea or not). Whatever, I just hope you can get Aurora back on ASAP.

http://dod.vgmix.com

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Unfortunately I had these conferences to attend these two weeks, and it just happened to be right in the middle of our inaugural shows. The plan was just to do them from the road...well...i think I can do this weeks from the road cuz the connection is actually decent (JUST GODDAMN EXPENSIVE!)

I guess we're probably going to have guest hosts now and then because well, there will probably be times when one of us isn't in digital wonderland (ie last week) ... I think it would be fun to mix it up if that's possible... not always the same guest or have a pool of people that are our replacements (when available)...

Thanks everyone for your continued support... its amazing!

I'm from Quebec City (yep yep, another frenchie fella') and if, at any moment, I am to travel to Ontario, I'll surely make a stop to say hi. I have many OCRers to visit there.

Oh and BTW, sorry for the probable mistake-filled post. Being a frenchie is not a privilege! Trust me...

hey hey! hi there french neighbor!:) I'm also from quebec (moving between montreal and quebec city but mostly in montreal) and i'm also a frenchie:P

Good to see I'm not all alone:D

Anyway I have nothing interessting to say lol!

Just wanna say I missed Aurora on this 3rd show but you guys did a great job anyway!!!! Love the show!

Oh sure, now that it's hip to listen to, why don't you just jump on the Auroramix bandwagon.

You posers make me sick

I must admit I've liked it since the first time I've heard it:)

I LOVE those "funky voice" songs (soundtrack of Jet Set Radio Future is a good example!)!

And Aurora's got the sexiest voice ever put in a human body:P

Also does anyone think it would be a good idea to get very quick little tags from OCR members that we can drop inbetween segments? Like "This is The Wingless and you're listening to VGDJ" or is it just a waste of time? You hear them all the time on the radio like "This is celebrity-1, this is celebrity-2, this is celebrity-3 and you're listening to this stations callsign.."

This would be an awesome way to get people really into this. It sounds like a tiny contribution, but it is a great way to get casual listeners involved. There's nothing more thrilling than hearing your voice online, even if it's only a podcast. :)

I think it would be pretty fun to get someone different from the community every week to say, "In the beginning there was video game music. Then DJ Pretzel said: Let there be remix!" And then the person can say, "This is ___, and you're listening to VGDJ, the official Overclocked Remix podcast."

I'm catching up on the show... listening to #002 now. I like the "Person talks for a while" type of interview format. It reminds me of a documentary, actually.

Strong stuff going on and I'm glad to see that people here are taking notice.

And holy crap, I literally just left BC on Saturday. :) I COULD HAVE LIEK DROPPED IN LIVE TO THE AURORAHOT LOCATION AND GLOATED THAT I *was* in VANCOUVER.

Wow, just three weeks and Aurora's quickly becoming the geek sex goddess of OCR. :lol:

BTW, what is the VG song and remix that plays during the really cheesy intro? I like both.

One more thing, go with the remix celebrity bumpers. KyleJCRB uses them on his show, and they sound pretty professional to me.

The remix is "The Ken Song" by jdproject. It's on OCR.

The original is Ken's theme for SF2?

By the way, you guys might want to ensure that some of the names and so forth on the VGDJ show notes are spelled correctly. Both Kureejii Lee and Sephfire's names are spelled incorrectly in the notes for #003. I normally don't care about spelling mistakes, but getting names right is important.

http://www.rayza.net/VGDJ/VGDJ_sn_003.html

You can blame someone else for that, I don't write the shownotes but I'll fix them soon.. Thanks..

By the way, you guys might want to ensure that some of the names and so forth on the VGDJ show notes are spelled correctly. Both Kureejii Lee and Sephfire's names are spelled incorrectly in the notes for #003. I normally don't care about spelling mistakes, but getting names right is important.

http://www.rayza.net/VGDJ/VGDJ_sn_003.html

You can blame someone else for that, I don't write the shownotes but I'll fix them soon.. Thanks..

Guys... so sorry for this. This is unexceptable and I apologize. I'm trying to juggle too many things at once it seems these last few weeks (what's knew) ... I apologize to Kureejii Lee and Sephfire ... no disrespect was meant and it was careless. I guess it just shows how much time these things do take ... I'll be more careful in the future and when I'm back from BC things should be back to normal and I can devote more time to this... i'm looking forward to it, believe me. Its been a crazy 2 weeks.

Also does anyone think it would be a good idea to get very quick little tags from OCR members that we can drop inbetween segments? Like "This is The Wingless and you're listening to VGDJ" or is it just a waste of time? You hear them all the time on the radio like "This is celebrity-1, this is celebrity-2, this is celebrity-3 and you're listening to this stations callsign.."

I think instead of changing the Intro (because that's a key feature in recognizing the show), we should start putting episode tags at teh beginning of the file. For example (using Vigilante as an example)

"Hey, this is Vigilante and your listening to VGDJ episode 4" .... cue intro

I love how you apologize to Kureejii LeA for spelling her name wrong, and then proceed to spell it wrong again TWICE in the thread. You guys are the greatest. :P

EDIT: AND in the show notes! Didn't you meet her? Geeze! ;)

................ what error?

:?: ... :D

It's all her fault for spelling her name funny!

I love how you apologize to Kureejii LeA for spelling her name wrong, and then proceed to spell it wrong again TWICE in the thread. You guys are the greatest. :P

It's not her fault that "Lea" is (part of) her real name! :P

...But you can blame her for the "Kureejii" part.

It's not her fault that "Lea" is (part of) her real name! :P

...But you can blame her for the "Kureejii" part.

I am retarded.