VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

I've noticed that Aurora's voice was like, twice as loud as Rayza's in this podcast. ;) I had to turn it up to hear Rayza's Comments on Stuff over Aurora's Voice of Energy!

Thanks for mentioning my site, too. :)

Yeh this week Aurora had her mic volume up louder than usual PLUS I didn't get to compress it properly before I had the big PC crash of '05.. All she had was the rough cut which I send to her early so she can get started on the show notes. It was actually Aurora that edited the whole show so congrats to her for putting it together at all. Hopefully I can recover something from this cuz theres a bunch of music due for school plus that Jim Powers mix I started and was liking, then bad tings a gwan :( :(

Hopefully 006 will get us back on track and smooth sailing forever..

Edit: Also check out our "The Pengina Song" at http://olremix.paletteswap.com/remixes/?id=90

Talent!

I tried hard :(

I hope its not too annoying.

You did well. I'm sure that people generally enjoyed hearing the Zexy Aurora Voice. I like to leave constructive criticism sometimes but despite all of that you two are doing really well. The presentation and speaking is improving rapidly, too - much more natural and flowing.

Flowing, like a river. :)

Hey... one thing I noticed... would it be possible for you guys to put the show date in the ID3 tag? I know you can see it when the feed updates, or you guys post here, or whatever, but I am archiving these, after all. :wink:

I've noticed that Aurora's voice was like, twice as loud as Rayza's in this podcast. ;) I had to turn it up to hear Rayza's Comments on Stuff over Aurora's Voice of Energy!

Thanks for mentioning my site, too. :)

Yeh this week Aurora had her mic volume up louder than usual PLUS I didn't get to compress it properly before I had the big PC crash of '05.. All she had was the rough cut which I send to her early so she can get started on the show notes. It was actually Aurora that edited the whole show so congrats to her for putting it together at all. Hopefully I can recover something from this cuz theres a bunch of music due for school plus that Jim Powers mix I started and was liking, then bad tings a gwan :( :(

Hopefully 006 will get us back on track and smooth sailing forever..

Edit: Also check out our "The Pengina Song" at http://olremix.paletteswap.com/remixes/?id=90

Talent!

Regarding the ending: Are you trying to not-so subliminally tell us all something, Rayza? :P

Regarding the ending: Are you trying to not-so subliminally tell us all something, Rayza? :P

I was horny..

Also, Aurora seems to have encoded the show at 128kbps.. I usually do it at 64kbpbs to save space/transfer time.. Would you all prefer it at the higher bitrate with the bigger filesizes?

I was horny..

SECKSUAL HER ASSMINT!

Just scream "RAPE!" or "FIRE!"(More effective in some cities, people won't care as much about rape as about fire) next time he does that ;).

Also, Aurora seems to have encoded the show at 128kbps.. I usually do it at 64kbpbs to save space/transfer time.. Would you all prefer it at the higher bitrate with the bigger filesizes?

I didn't really notice much of a difference sound-wise, but maybe that's because you were having mic issues -- either the extra bitstream compensated for it, or you really aren't gaining much by encoding higher. I know one thing you can do is encode as Ogg Vorbis (Wikipedia entry); that format is inherently variable-bitrate and tends to do just as well as MP3 with a slightly lower filesize at similar quality settings. An Ogg Vorbis stream with a nominal bitrate of ~64kbps (q0) or ~80kbps (q1) should suit your needs just fine. I realize this can be a bit technical if you're not familiar with Ogg Vorbis, but the crew at Hydrogen Audio would be able to help with that. :)

Edit: Of course, if people are actually putting this on iPods or other portable media players. That's the big downside. So if you want to sick with MP3, I think 96kpbs (either CBR or VBR) should do fine.

Problem: iPods don't dig OGG. Can't have a Podcast if it can't be played on an iPod ;).

Maybe AAC is a better alternative?

Yeah, I was posting my comment on VGDJ when I realized that. :P

I dont' have much experience with AAC, myself. Never really did much beyond the usual suspects (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Musepak).

iTunes is really easy with it. Just add the original WAV file to the library, right-click it and select "Convert to AAC". Only requirement is that you've set up the AAC converter(Edit > Preferences > Importing) and selected it as import device. Can also be used for ripping CDs, and will convert any file iTunes can play back, including MIDI files.

Also, iPods have no problem with MP3, WAV, AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless and a special Audiobook file format.

For the best compatibility, I'd say stick to MP3.

Yeah, stick with mp3, even though ogg is better than mp3, and even aac (debatably in general, but certainly for this purpose it's the case). I'm all for supporting ogg, but not at the cost of listeners.

Now I would like to switch the conversation to why they went with the name Podcast and not showcast to avoid confusion, and why the iPod doesn't support ogg. not being serious here, unless you want to start a new thread

For the best compatibility, I'd say stick to MP3.
I agree... although I still have to convert the MP3 to another format (in this case, GBS) to listen to it on my player.

Maybe you guys can do an MP3pro Podcast. You still get the MP3 compatibility, but those with MP3pro-capable software/hardware can listen to a 'higher-quality' version. (notice the quotations)