VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Easier option if you run Windows XP: Boot from the XP CD-ROM or the 6 floppy set you can get at bootdisk.com, go into the Recovery Console(Hit R), and type fixmbr.

Tried that, windows crashes to a BSOD if I even connect the messed up HDD now. I tried using the Ultimate Boot Disk which has Bart's PE and tons of free diasnostic tools but they do the same thing, crash to a BSOD with a Plug n Play error. I disabled PNP in BIOS but still crashing. No idea what to do..

I think the error code is 0x000000CA

Turn on SMART in your BIOS and see what it has to say. Also, support.microsoft.com doesn't show anything useful for the CA code. They've got quite a few tips on fixing issues, so check the error code.

BTW does anyone listen to the stingers at the end of the show, or do you turn it off when you hear the last song fading out?

I always listen to the stinke---FUCK!

Rayza, if Windows is crashing on you, you might want to consider creating a Knoppix Live-CD disc if you're daring. It will be able to copy your data if you don't have a backup. If you just want to restore your OS, then you can probably do that in Knoppix with some bootloading configuration but I hesitate to recommend that option since it requires a lot of knowledge of bootloading and how your system's set up.

Something interesting:

The latest version of iTunes has just come out, and it has a new option for Podcasts. You can subscribe to certain Podcasts, and even publish your own with it.

Requirements are an RSS feed of the Podcast, info on the Podcast itself(Including artwork for the Album Art feature), and some extra info not in the feed. It's free to publish one, and the only requirements are that they're in AAC or MP3 format and don't have any copyrighted material or bad language. They can be reviewed before they're published too, and won't be added immediately.

When you subscribe, you'll be notified of updates and can download the file directly through iTunes(adding it to your Library for synching with your iPod too)

More info can be found through iTunes itself, they have a nifty FAQ.

EDIT: I've just been checking the system, quite userfriendly and subscribing just involves clicking a few links. It's all free too, and quite a few Podcasts are already available. Subscribed Podcasts are automatically updated if a newer version is available during your(pre-set) check time.

With the latest iPod software update you also get a new Podcasts entry, which lets you listen to your selection.

Something interesting:

The latest version of iTunes has just come out, and it has a new option for Podcasts. You can subscribe to certain Podcasts, and even publish your own with it.

Requirements are an RSS feed of the Podcast, info on the Podcast itself(Including artwork for the Album Art feature), and some extra info not in the feed. It's free to publish one, and the only requirements are that they're in AAC or MP3 format and don't have any copyrighted material or bad language. They can be reviewed before they're published too, and won't be added immediately.

When you subscribe, you'll be notified of updates and can download the file directly through iTunes(adding it to your Library for synching with your iPod too)

More info can be found through iTunes itself, they have a nifty FAQ.

EDIT: I've just been checking the system, quite userfriendly and subscribing just involves clicking a few links. It's all free too, and quite a few Podcasts are already available. Subscribed Podcasts are automatically updated if a newer version is available during your(pre-set) check time.

With the latest iPod software update you also get a new Podcasts entry, which lets you listen to your selection.

I was wondering when they were going to release that. Rayza and I were talking about how we could name our files to be iTunes 4.9 ready... hopefully they will be open to all directories... thsi is exciting :D

Went to uni yesterday to get some study shit done. Decided to upload ALL of your shows onto my ipod so I could listen to em (I listened to your first show when it came out, but stopped cuz I'm limited by my dial up modem, downloaded up to show 5 the other day). Thanks to you guys, I managed to pick up a few remixes I never knew existed. Good job doin the show guys *Vote casted*

NEW FUN GAME:

1. Go to our details page on Podcast Alley

2. Click on "Podcast Player" in the little box on the left.

3. Enjoy the podcast in half the time! VGDJ: The Chipmunk EDISHUN!

heheheh I guess the player doesn't allow for any non-standard encoding frequencies... heheheheh funny as hell.

THIS MUST BECOME A FEATURE! A FEATURE I SAY! :D

Dude... Rayza, no offense, but you kind of sound like a valley girl this way.

heheh NO chipmunkmix!

So just to keep it consistant, iTunes 4.9 has been released for both the mac and windows... 4.9 includes a podcast directory via the iTunes Music Store (iTMS) and the ability to subscribe and keep track of podcasts right in iTunes... its a cool feature if a) it worked properly and B) it included more indy podcasts like ours or at least gave us the heads up that there would need to be more tags included in the feed in order to make it iTunes compliant...anyways...

I submitted our feed 2 days ago... it still hasn't shown up in the directory... hopefully it will appear soon. It would be great advertisement if it did eventually make it in there.

Anyways...there ya be.

So there's no way to get it through iTunes yet? Crap.. it looks like I'm going to have to wait a little longer to hear this.

It seems like there should be a way to drop the RSS/XML feed into your iTunes library and use it from there..

So there's no way to get it through iTunes yet? Crap.. it looks like I'm going to have to wait a little longer to hear this.

It seems like there should be a way to drop the RSS/XML feed into your iTunes library and use it from there..

Yeah, you shouldn't wait for it to be listed in iTunes to listen to it.

Would vote, but PCA is down, so I'll do it later.