VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Haha, I love you guys

aand I voted while PCA was still up today![/noob]

Yeah, so I started listening.. I'm up through episode 3 and starting 4 right now, and I'm really liking this. Excellent work, I wish you both the best of luck. Maybe you'll be playing one of my own songs someday.. yikes, crazy thoughts there

Aurora, you have a very pretty voice. It's perfect for radio.

Thanks Uncle!! I don't know if its perfect, tho... heh.

IN OTHER NEWS:

We broke 100 subscribers!! YAY!

IN FURTHER NEWS:

Rayza and I have been talking about getting a way for people to leave us audio comments... some podcasts have dedicated phone lines set up either through voip or whathaveyou to get the recorded listener feedback. Another thing we were thinking about is having requests come in from our listeners... maybe switch up the Russian ReMix Roulette segment with a request or something.

ANYWAYS. With Audio comments, we can just put them right in the show and integrate is as part of our show. You can always generate an MP3 of yourself asking question/making request/giving feedback and send it to us at our email (vgdjpodcast@gmail.com)... but if you can't do that, then there's another way!

The Gizmo Project is a Skype-like program that allows you to leave audio messages to whomever you'd like if they are not online. The recipient will get an email with your recorded message! This program is cross platform and seems to work quite well on OS X and Win (haven't tried it on 'Nix yet)... but anways, you could use this service to send us your audio comment.

add "VGDJ" to your Gizmo list and leave us a comment!

add "VGDJ" to your Gizmo list and leave us a comment!

Aurora forgot to mention some points.

Gizmo is still in beta and is not the most intuitive program. After you've added the "VGDJ" account to your Gizmo list, just double click the name to start the call. It should ring a few times then play a standard "Leave a message" type voice (which I wish we could customize). Leave your message but watch the call counter and try not to go much over 1:30 at most or else it cuts off. Somewhere before 2 minutes anyway.

It may also be good to include your email address or something in the voicemail if you want us to get back to you.

If I think of anything else I'll edit this message.

I don't know if its perfect, tho... heh.

Ok fine. You clip really bad at times. Turn down your microphone gain. (see episode 6)

There, I said it.

Hey, speaking of episode 6, I had an idea for a promo. It's still kind of foggy, but I'll try to pull something together real soon.

Do you have anything in particular you want to include in the promo? Like the "This is VGDJ" vocoder thing from your intro or something?

I don't know if its perfect, tho... heh.

Ok fine. You clip really bad at times. Turn down your microphone gain. (see episode 6)

There, I said it.

Hey, speaking of episode 6, I had an idea for a promo. It's still kind of foggy, but I'll try to pull something together real soon.

Do you have anything in particular you want to include in the promo? Like the "This is VGDJ" vocoder thing from your intro or something?

Ya see, I talk really loud. I still haven't found the sweet spot for microphone position (its a headset) and input volume... i should have a microphone on the other side of the room hahaha. Thanks for that.. I suck cuz i'm so FULLZ OF NRG hahah (i think its mostly because I"m losing my hearing and so i compensate by talking really loud)

PROMO IDEAS!!!!!!! YAY! Send us what you got, man. We're not expecting people to actually DO Them.,..but you can if you want!

PS: Thanks Rayza for cleaning up my mess. Now get in the kitchen and make me some pie.

Slight problem: Your latest update kinda removed VGDJ 7 from the Podcast list on iTunes :(.

I still see it.

I've got it set to check for new while deleting older ones here. Maybe it's something in my settings, but ep 7 doesn't show up in the list of older shows.

Ya see, I talk really loud. I still haven't found the sweet spot for microphone position (its a headset) and input volume... i should have a microphone on the other side of the room hahaha. Thanks for that.. I suck cuz i'm so FULLZ OF NRG hahah (i think its mostly because I"m losing my hearing and so i compensate by talking really loud)

Yeh I think next time we should do a few test runs. I'll hear you fine but when you're recording is where the problem lies. We'll find a good spot and make a note of it. Using a notepad and pen, or crayon.

Also some of it may be my fault, I still haven't gotten compression of everything properly. Need to spend more time on that and learn better techniques. Right now I'm just squashing the shit out of everyones voices so I'm not sure if thats what I should be doing, just don't want them to be too quiet then this loud music burst comes in from the ReMix clips.

Anyhow, once we're through a dozen or so I think we should get on the right track.

As for the missing Episode 7, can anyone verify if Smoke is right or Aurora is wrong? :lol:

And you're losing your hearing? Really? Thats terrible..

As for the missing Episode 7, can anyone verify if Smoke is right or Aurora is wrong? :lol:

Interesting, resubscribing to the feed fixed it. Could be a minor bug in iTunes.

I WAS RIGHT I WAS RIGHT I WAS RIGHT! heheheheh (for once)

So like.. i THINK i'm losing my hearing. I should get my ears checked (its been a while)

Ok check this out, even easier than installing Gizmo to leave us voice messages.

Step 1) Call one of the access numbers which is closest to you. This may or may not cost you money, hopefully not much if any.

Atlanta         1-678-918-5026
Atlantic City 1-609-840-8027
Baltimore 1-410-372-4173
Chicago 1-708-437-9040
Connecticut 1-860-256-4170
Dallas 1-469-449-2560
Fort Worth 1-817-886-2285
Daytona Beach 1-386-267-2650
Houston 1-832-631-1597
Los Angeles 1-323-908-4167
Miami 1-786-206-4270
New York 1-347-427-9019
N New Jersey 1-973-494-5586
S New Jersey 1-609-873-8119
Philadelphia 1-610-879-1419
San Francisco 1-415-354-1083
Seattle 1-206-219-5789
Washington, DC 1-202-742-5739

Step 2) Press 1 at the main menu for the SIP phone user option.

Step 3) Dial our access number (IMID number) 1-747-604-1691 then press # (pound).

Step 4) Listen to a generic answering prompt then leave a message at the beep! Don't ramble on for more than 1:30 or so. Actually I have no idea but I'm sure it has some kind of time limit.

Shortly after that we will receive an email containing your message in a file called message.wav which is ready to be played on VGDJ. Also you may want to leave your email address (which will not be disclosed) or your name (real or otherwise) so we can either get back to you or mention you on the show.

First one to leave a message gets a kiss from Aurayza..

EDIT: Seems to be working again. Hopefully for the long run, but probably not. You know how this technology game goes..

Sharksword? More like Noise-Sword. Wowz. I'd almost like constant noise better than it on and off with that noise gate :/.

Good show though :).

Yeah this MIC is so old. I need a better one.

Meh. I can't really complain about your mic quality; it sounded alright to me. Rama's mic, on the other hand... seriously, what is up with the poor sound quality in the rama report? I don't have anything against the segment otherwise..

Hey, why not make a store at cafepress to sell VGDJ t-shirts? OCR t-shirts seem to go well when they're in stock. It would be a nice way to pay for server space (or a new mic for rama =P).

Ok check this out, even easier than installing Gizmo to leave us voice messages.

Step 1) Call one of the access numbers which is closest to you. This may or may not cost you money, hopefully not much if any.

Atlanta         1-678-918-5026
Atlantic City 1-609-840-8027
Baltimore 1-410-372-4173
Chicago 1-708-437-9040
Connecticut 1-860-256-4170
Dallas 1-469-449-2560
Fort Worth 1-817-886-2285
Daytona Beach 1-386-267-2650
Houston 1-832-631-1597
Los Angeles 1-323-908-4167
Miami 1-786-206-4270
New York 1-347-427-9019