VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Just thought I would mention that everytime you have a little clip segment, it replaces the actual podcast on iTunes. Everytime I go to hear the new episode, all that is there is a little tiny clip like the contest, and I can't go back to the show without going to the site to download it.

Just thought I would mention that everytime you have a little clip segment, it replaces the actual podcast on iTunes. Everytime I go to hear the new episode, all that is there is a little tiny clip like the contest, and I can't go back to the show without going to the site to download it.

Its probably something in your preferences... you can have iTunes automatically check the feed every hour to every week, and you can tell it to keep a certain history of episodes. Makes sure you have the "KEEP" option at more than just the last episode.....

Hopefully that helps if not, i'll look into it further.

Arcana: We'll make sure to mention OCR Idol.

Its probably something in your preferences... you can have iTunes automatically check the feed every hour to every week, and you can tell it to keep a certain history of episodes. Makes sure you have the "KEEP" option at more than just the last episode.....

Ah yes, I clicked on a little blue triangle and all previous shows magically appeared. All is well.

Ah yes, I clicked on a little blue triangle and all previous shows magically appeared. All is well.

YAY!!!

I heard somebody talking about how Apple and other corporate giants are somehow marginalizing the independent folksy podcast...sources...like Podcast Alley...? Something about Apple pushing Podcast Alley off to the sidelines. Any word?

I heard somebody talking about how Apple and other corporate giants are somehow marginalizing the independent folksy podcast...sources...like Podcast Alley...? Something about Apple pushing Podcast Alley off to the sidelines. Any word?

I haven't heard anything about that. Then again I don't keep up with podcast news really. Aurora would know more than I do but she's away for a bit until maybe Monday or so. We recorded the show last night, and there wasn't much to talk about really so it might be a little lame. 4 remixes though. And we cleared up the clip contest thing which you can check out at www.vgdj.net ..

Ok, I'm sure no-one is going to believe me here, but I was on holidays for two weeks, and didn't get the podcasts. I get back, here the clip contest, and, before hearing the answer, I actually did guess that it was Open Ending - one of my favourite mixes.

As I said, I'm sure no-one believes me, but I feel pretty impressed. Open Ending has some rather distinctive synthy sounds, and I can tell them from a half second clip.

anyone else thinks Arcana kinda sounds like one of those synthetic computer voices at times? 8O

kekekekeke. I'm just Joshin' yah, fella

Meanwhile, if you good folks at VGDJ don't have anything to talk about, how about snagging some stuff from people's personal sites and playing that? Hmmm? Hmmm? Stuff that might not be on VGDJ? Hmmm? Yes.

Edit: spelling, and an obligatory I <3 Ah-woo-wah

anyone else thinks Arcana kinda sounds like one of those synthetic computer voices at times? 8O

Meanwhile, if you good folks at VGDJ don't have anything to talk about, how about snagging some stuff from people's personal sites and playing that? Hmmm? Hmmm? Stuff that might not be on VGDJ? Hmmm? Yes.

"I <3 Ah-woo-wah".. haha, I'm tempted to make that my new sig quote.

I don't know if I like your "play originals from people around the scene" idea.. It would make for good filler, yes, but wouldn't that time be better filled with selected tracks from remix competitions/projects?

[EDIT: btw wingless, your new sig is sweet]

"I <3 Ah-woo-wah".. haha, I'm tempted to make that my new sig quote.

I don't know if I like your "play originals from people around the scene" idea.. It would make for good filler, yes, but wouldn't that time be better filled with selected tracks from remix competitions/projects?

[EDIT: btw wingless, your new sig is sweet]

I'm not talking about originals, I'm talking video games.

Edit and augment your post to admit your defeat before me

Yeah, it was a good show. The "lazy days" feel was prevalent, but it worked well, in fact.

DarkeSword, while your clip sounded too scripted for my taste, it had a distinct advantage over every other clip that I've heard on VGDJ (perhaps excepting Jivemaster's subsequent clip):

NO GOD DAMN BLAH BLAH BLAH. THANK YOU.

That is currently the show's greatest weakness, especially for attracting new people to the show and to OCR in general. Nobody wants to hear seven minutes of you defending your choices for the mix against criticism. Few people want very technical and comprehensive details about the production of your mix.

The clips from DarkeSword and Jivemaster were good role models, I think. They were concise, engaging, and say a lot of worthwhile stuff for the time they take to say it. Please, more clips like this. [/rant]

Anyway, I enjoyed the show despite your feeling that there was too little to talk about (or abowoot...sorry). Rayza, I liked your subtle hint at the end for Rama to start recording in a larger room with the door closed. I'm glad that you mentioned that DJP sent that one mix right on through past the judges--it's important to mention things like that, since they don't happen very often. You might want to mention Israfel's departure from the Judges Panel next time. Okay, that's all for now. Good work, I love you guys, keep on trucking.

Linearity makes a good point. Though Shariq's more recent clip did sound rather rehearsed, it was short and sweet. And yeah, most people aren't gonna care a lot about all the technical details. I didn't really think of it before because I enjoy the show despite the longer parts. But newcomers may not have the same patience or appreciation that some of us hardcore (<3 <3 <3) listeners have, cha know?

It all depends on where you come from though. Personally if it were a show all about remixing techniques and technical shit I'd be all ears, but of course no one else would care. So I think a little mix here and there is all good, as long as its short. For this show tycho gave me 9 minutes of him talking.. Obviously I'm not gonna play that so I just cut out the most relevant-ish stuff and played that instead..