VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Yes those are tassles..

You just can't get this level of intrigue in regular radio broadcasts.

However, if you guys are interested in developing your DJ / show-hosting skills, I recommend checking out a public radio program called "Marketplace." It's kind of dry material (finance and business), but they make it rather relevant and engaging even to outsiders like me.

Since part of your intent is to introduce outsiders to OCR, you might do well to take a leaf out of their book. Sure, OCR is a world away from the stock market, but there may be a few pearls in the way they conduct their show that would intrigue you guys. Just an idea.

Just like to note, until yesterday, I'd never bothered to listen to any of the VGDJ stuff, 'cause I misunderstood the term "podcast".

But due to a series of unrelated PM's from Aurora [about living in Winnipeg, if you're one of those bastards whose curiosity is insatiable], I decided to take a listen. Pretty entertaining.

Also, the OCR Meetup [i've listen to #'s 1 and 10 so far] in TO sounded pretty amusing, shame all OCR activity revolves around either Toronto or possibly BC...

WINNIPEG J0. *cough*

Anyways, Aurora and Rayza, keep up the good work.

Just like to note, until yesterday, I'd never bothered to listen to any of the VGDJ stuff, 'cause I misunderstood the term "podcast".

But due to a series of unrelated PM's from Aurora [about living in Winnipeg, if you're one of those bastards whose curiosity is insatiable], I decided to take a listen. Pretty entertaining.

Also, the OCR Meetup [i've listen to #'s 1 and 10 so far] in TO sounded pretty amusing, shame all OCR activity revolves around either Toronto or possibly BC...

WINNIPEG J0. *cough*

Anyways, Aurora and Rayza, keep up the good work.

Hey hey! Glad to have you on board! If you're still a little weary about podcasts or you want to learn how you can get the most out of syndication, check out the first post of this thread.

I like the term 'podcast', but so many people take from that term that you require an iPod to have anything to do with them... hardly the case at all... you don't even need a portable music player. Just a computer... 'podcast' is just the name that stuck.

ALSO...don't forget to grab Ep. 004 - interview with God er i mean DJP himself... and personally I like Episode 006 the best (tho episode 011 was pretty good too :D).

pS: I can't believe that as of monday we'll have been doing VGDJ for 3 months.

Well people... in a matter of HOURS after I posted our goal of remaining top 50 on Podcast Alley we jumped 20 spots...

we are now sitting at 33rd on the list! Pretty sweet so far!

We added a form to our website that is a direct way to vote for our show so hopefully that will make it easier on people :D

Stay tuned for monday's show!

FYI:

Stats for Entire Month of July, 2005:

Total Site Hits: 34051

Average Hits per Day: 1098 Max: 2526

Number of Downloads of Last Show: 627

compared to:

Stats for August as of August 5, 2005 11:36pm

Total Site Hits: 41528

Average Hits per Day: 8305 Max: 14068

Number of Downloads of Last Show: 1620

I enjoy your podcast muchly, and actually signed up here at the board because of how much I enjoy the podcast. I'm subscribed with FeedDemon, but I did the iTunes subscription for stats sake.

Keep up the good work!

wow thanks! We're glad you dig the show! And welcome to one of the best, tight-knit online communities out there.

I enjoy your podcast muchly, and actually signed up here at the board because of how much I enjoy the podcast. I'm subscribed with FeedDemon, but I did the iTunes subscription for stats sake.

Keep up the good work!

wow thanks! We're glad you dig the show! And welcome to one of the best, tight-knit online communities out there.

Glad to be here. Thanks for the welcome. :)

Alright, confession time. I haven't listened to any episodes of VGDJ yet. When it came out, I had just been home from school, and I haven't had the internet access to be able to download them. However, I've been reading the thread and I already voted at Podcast Alley. Your show seems very interesting and entertaining from what I've read. Within the next few days, I'm going to be receiving my new iPod (and headphones, which broke), and I'm going to go to my friend's and download all the episodes.

Can't wait to hear 'em. They'll be the first thing I listen to on my new iPod when I upload them to it.

Oh, and Linearity, I go to school at UW-Stout in Menomonie, Wisconsin, if you know where that is, and my roomate's from Minneapolis. Though I'll be back at home in December, unfortunately.

Someone sounds like a total fagamuncher...

:(

DUDE you sound great!

I FEEL GREAT!

YOUR GONNA DO GREAT!

I'm glad i've made the right decision!

There is no cure for herpes. Even with treatment, it may be possible to spread herpes.

When daily VALTREX is used to reduce the risk of spreading genital herpes, safer sex practices should be used.

It is not known if VALTREX reduces the risk of spreading genital herpes in same sex couples.

While taking VALTREX for cold sores, you should not exceed one day of treatment, two doses taken 12 hours apart.

VALTREX is intended for healthy adults and is available by prescription only. To avoid a potentially serious complication, tell your doctor if your immune system is not normal because of advanced HIV disease, bone marrow or kidney transplant. Common side effects are headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and dizziness.

Someone sounds like a total fagamuncher...

:(

DUDE you sound great!

I FEEL GREAT!

YOUR GONNA DO GREAT!

I'm glad i've made the right decision!

There is no cure for herpes. Even with treatment, it may be possible to spread herpes.

When daily VALTREX is used to reduce the risk of spreading genital herpes, safer sex practices should be used.

It is not known if VALTREX reduces the risk of spreading genital herpes in same sex couples.

While taking VALTREX for cold sores, you should not exceed one day of treatment, two doses taken 12 hours apart.

VALTREX is intended for healthy adults and is available by prescription only. To avoid a potentially serious complication, tell your doctor if your immune system is not normal because of advanced HIV disease, bone marrow or kidney transplant. Common side effects are headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and dizziness.

heheeh weirdo. Whats funny about this is our original stinger for this show and your post. Hey Rayzee send me that clip when you've got the chance.

heheeh weirdo.

Careful what you say, Aurora. He's not the one who watches some acid-induced Polkaroo or whatever the hell that was. :lol: Canadians.

Liked the Myth interview. I want Rama back. But Kyle did do a fairly good job. Nice music this time too.