VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

With an okay (and permission) from Aurora I just installed an alternative to get the the "old" VGDJ shows and save the VGDJ crew a lot of Bandwidth. In short and simple words:

:arrow:VGDJ IS NOW AVAILABLE AS TORRENT!!!

In the same style as you could (and can still) get the old VG Frequency and Crimson Moon shows, you can now get "VGDJ". In packs of 10 episodes (EP001 to EP010), 5 episodes (EP011 to EP015) and each new episode as seperate torrent. Included are each specific "shownotes" - however don't be scared off of the german filenamings (Datein instead of Files), the HTML files still work fine.

INFO FOR LEECHERS AND SEEDERS

Well not only is it important to keep the seeds up as long as possible, but there's another thing. Aurora and I decided to unify the files ID3v2 tag technically. The first 6 episodes from VGDJ weren't properly tagged - that is fixed now. I'm asking you however not to seed your already downloaded files but get the new ones "again" and seed them. This ensures that no bugs occour while downloading.

AZUREUS USERS, LISTEN UP:

I often get the info that Azureus users can't load the files or can't even connect. That's not a flaw on my side but a setting fault in Azureus. Connecting to each other is sometimes prohibited. Please check that. Also if you're behind a firewall, open the proper ports for your specific torrent tool. But I guess you know that already. ;)

:arrow:HOW TO GET THE FILES

You can get all VGDJ episodes so far (along with VG Frequency and Crimson Moon) here:

www.studio-compyfox.de/torrent

Enjoy.

Compy, when you direct the torrent to the location where you already have the mp3 files, it should update and retag them instead of you having to redownload. we did that with DSoP.

However, did you reencode or anything? My torrent isn't recognizing a couple of the files (ie: starting the dl from 0% as opposed to 98%)

You guys seriously need to limit the length of the clips you have the remixers send in. Some of these guys just love to talk. :(

*coughDarkeSwordINterview*

Seriously, though... 3 minutes may be a bit long. We just want everyone to get a fair amount of time to discuss their mix, as well as pimp out some of their original stuff.

If we can get people listening purchasing independant music, I think that's wonderful.

You guys seriously need to limit the length of the clips you have the remixers send in. Some of these guys just love to talk. :(

*coughDarkeSwordINterview*

Seriously, though... 3 minutes may be a bit long. We just want everyone to get a fair amount of time to discuss their mix, as well as pimp out some of their original stuff.

If we can get people listening purchasing independant music, I think that's wonderful.

Well my interview was an interview; my clip later was pretty short. ;)

Also, I understand that you guys want mixers to be able to talk about their stuff, but sometimes the ratio of talking about the mix to the actual mix playing is really disproportionate. I listen to a guy talk for like...3 minutes about his mix, but I only get to hear 30 seconds of it. I know that I'm supposed to check it out here, but I find myself just fast forwarding through a lot of comments.

Alright, so should we limit the remixer clips down to 2 minutes or increase the song preview up from 1 minute? Both you say??

Also if one of the remixers happens to be a favorite of yours, you probably want to get as much extra info as you can. I think 2:30 or under could be reasonable..

Also: Thanks a lot CompyFox for the torrents. What was incorrectly tagged in the first 6? I thought they were all consistant..