VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

That's funny:

I tried to give as much insight as I could think of, and still came in under a minute and a half. 'Course, I wasn't addressing comments, pimping my website, upcoming projects, etc. I expect we should just talk about the tune, then split.

Incidentally, I sound weird to myself, mostly because BOTH my cheapo mics died on me when I was ready to talk, and I ended up with my mouth practically shoved into my headphones, eNUNciAting in order to get my clip done. :cry: I need to get my studio mic back from my co-worker.

Well we tried doing a live version of VGDJ tonight. More like a technical test really, didn't have so much to do with VGDJ overall. We did talk with Hemopheliac and debeerguy007 about certain things. It did work, but it was really quite boring. We need more structure if we are gonna do this on a regular basis. Needs a lot of tweaking too.. Anyhow, check it out if you're interested in 70 minutes of fuckery..

http://www.vgdj.net/Misc/VGDJ_Live_000.mp3

Edit: Thanks GSlicer for recording/temp hosting it for us!

I don't mind listening to the remixers. After all, I can download the song from OCR. I cannot just listen to remixers. However, people are generally right that brevity is important. It's been mentioned before that Darkesword's clip for his Megaman X song was one of the stronger clips because he kept to the point and wasn't all technobabbly.

Well personally I'd say:

Expand the show.

In different ways:

1) The songs a tad longer. Though that's mostly OCR Material that we can hear over and over (it's not VGF after all)

2) Due to the expansion you have a tad more time doing "interactive interviews", more in the news section, etc. Clips from mixer swith 2min are fine with me unless the go all about "yeah I'm this and that great".

If the filesize get's too big after that, I'd recommend using mp3pro for that purpose. As Larry did with his recordings, same on my side with Crimson Moon.

BTW:

Didn't listen to your liveshow yet, but if you're planning to do that, you have the equipment and you keep up the preasure, I'll surely listen in (if it's the right time for me). As long as you keep down the prank calls (though if you do it Mondays, you run in trouble with "Nitro Game Injection" from KyleJCrib).

Well we tried doing a live version of VGDJ tonight. More like a technical test really, didn't have so much to do with VGDJ overall. We did talk with Hemopheliac and debeerguy007 about certain things. It did work, but it was really quite boring. We need more structure if we are gonna do this on a regular basis. Needs a lot of tweaking too.. Anyhow, check it out if you're interested in 70 minutes of fuckery..

http://www.vgdj.net/Misc/VGDJ_Live_000.mp3

Edit: Thanks GSlicer for recording/temp hosting it for us!

You guys sounded like you were gonna get it on at any second.

i <3 razor ramon :)

-DCT

Yeh we haven't really decided what to do on a live show front yet. It was just a test to see if it was at all possible. The calls would have to be through Skype as well, we're not equiped for real calls.

As for making the news section longer, we just report on anything we find. We don't make it shorter on purpose, sometimes theres just nothing much going on that we know about. <--- Key phrase. If theres something OCR related that we should know, either email us with text or a voice recording or use the 1-800 line. It's hard to catch everthing, but we do try to get the major stuff reported.

VGDJ started out as OC Remix. It will stay OC ReMix. We have NOTHING against the other remixing communities. IN fact, just last episode, we pimped a podcast all about KWED.

If VGMix wants to have a podcast... let them have a podcast, and we'll most likely pimp them. The point is not to compete. the point is to get the idea out to people that this music is amazing and that it deserves a larger audience, one that is sure to appreciate teh source of the material being presented here.

Once one learns of OCReMix...it doesn't take them long to find out about the other communities.

We also focus on OCReMix for two MAIN reasons: Standards, and Unbiased music selection. The songs are judged by a panel of our peers (along with being quality controlled). We also don't pick what we play. The community decides, and the die decides. that's about it.

Hey guys, I've got some more podcast-related news...

Winamp 5.1 now supports Podcasts!

winamppodcast5pi.th.gif

click thumbnail to enlarge

This new feature, called 'SHOUTcast Wire', is accessable through the Library. It also has a 'Discover' feature, which allows you to browse and search through an index of podcasts. VGDJ isn't there... (and I don't see an 'add podcast' feature) ...yet.

However, you can still easily add the RSS Feed info in the 'Subscriptions' area.

So... yeah, good news for winamp users.

Keep up the good work! I've already voted once this month, and now that school's started up again, expect another vote from me!

oh yeah, the same happens as it happend with VGF at that day. First they snag the pages dead, then they scream that the bandwidth was used up and the files are gone. Then there is a sollution called "Torrent", then they're all high and stuff and start snaggin' like an outta control wildfire. And short after they got "their stuff", they vanish again and think "helping? me?! seeding?! WTF is that?! I gotz muh sheit!"

Yeah yeah... sad but true. Folks, seriously now. Torrents can only live on from those who're willing to share. If you don't want to share, fine with me. I try to keep the torrents up till sunday, then I drop them again if you're not interested.

Same with VGF. I was a long time the only seeder though. Nobody wanted the shows. And then if you're not there, have other stuff to do, have uploads to clients or your PC is simply out (cause it runs 24/7 anyway), then someone comes from behind, stabs you with a +9 PM and screams at you "OMGWTFS33DzPLz!". And if you don't act imediately in the next 10 minutes there's another +12 PM bonus stab with "OMG j00're a f4g!", etc.

Shoutout to everyone:

PLEASE HELP OUT SEEDING VGDJ

(and of course the other shows too if you're able to do so)

You're not only helping Aurora and Rayza save a ton of bandwidth cost, you also help others getting the show(s) which results that others might help you again if you miss something. I can't seed all the time (not to mention that my upload bandwidth is limited), even if it's my torrent tracker. If it doesn't run by itself, I don't really see the urge to help "you" out anymore - which is only logical.

Same harsh words as with VG Frequency. So please think about it.

Again: Compyfox, I would gladly seed, but (1) I don't have the EXACT files needed in order to seed your torrent and (2) there aren't enough existing seeds to get those files.

Unless my understanding of BitTorrent is completely messed up, there's no way I could just download the files Rayza already hosts in order to seed.

Catch 22. :(

Edit: Okay, I'm trying again, and this time I'm getting something. I'll let it run to see if I can get the whole thing. If I do, I'll seed as often as I can. (I'm already seeding OCR's torrents, so don't expect impressive upload rates. :P)