VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Long time listener. First time posting in a long time.

But WOW. Pixietricks, can you please address the question I asked Aurora in Ep. 2?

And what question would that be? Sorry, I can't remember, and I'm not gonna listen to 30-40 min of episode 2 to find it. ^_~

How does one get into your pants!!

Hahaha, ohhhhhh, THAT question... :P

No comment?

But WOW. Pixietricks, can you please address the question I asked Aurora in Ep. 2?

And what question would that be? Sorry, I can't remember, and I'm not gonna listen to 30-40 min of episode 2 to find it. ^_~

Link cosplay.

Fixed.

I SAW THE OUTFIT.

[Link cosplay.]

Fixed.

I SAW THE OUTFIT.

Eh? I cosplayed as Nausicaa at Otakon, if that's what you're referring to. Never been Link before, myself. But come to think of it... a good Link cosplay *would* be pretty hot... ¬_¬

No comment?

Damn. I thought for sure you would hold the key about how to get in Auroras Pants.

[Link cosplay.]

Fixed.

I SAW THE OUTFIT.

Eh? I cosplayed as Nausicaa at Otakon, if that's what you're referring to. Never been Link before, myself. But come to think of it... a good Link cosplay *would* be pretty hot... ¬_¬

Well the pictures of Otakon were floating around in Unmod, and a lot of people figured the outfit looked a lot like the Zora's Tunic. Nausicaa's outfit...DOES look a lot like Link's tunic...so...you can see the reasoning and...yeah.

So how does one get in Nausicaa's pants then?

I know a guy who looks EXACTLY like Link. I'm not kidding you.

DUDE. PICS. NOW!

Must...see...human...freakshow...

:P

Oh, one thing pixie, how does one attain the pics of the aformentioned "outfit" :lol: ?

And one more thing... could anyone take my suggestions into consideration please? I mean, the ones in page 60? Hehehe...

ME TEH POST HOG!!

Linkman-

Pics from the OCR Otakon meet-up can be found on page 12 of this thread. ^_~

As for your suggestions, I hear where you're coming from- that you'd like more music etc. It's not my decision, so that's why I didn't comment before. But my general take is that if the show got much longer, people might not listen the whole way through. Plus, I think the goal has to do with getting people interested in the community as a whole. If we *tease* them with samples from the week's new mixes, they're more likely to go and listen/explore on their own.

Rayza/Aurora already give reviews on the new mixes, but perhaps people would find it more interesting if they were a little more detailed? Thing is, OCR already has a review system (first djpretzel, then anybody else can post their own thoughts). I wonder if maybe we could talk a bit about that this week... Hmmmm!

Oh, right, no prob pixie... I was actually talking more to Rayza :wink:

Although i think you guys talking is fun because i know the community and the site, i just think that outsiders to the site wouldn't find it very appealing. No offense :D

"anyhoo" i think more music would actually get more people to OCRemix! i mean think about it...

If i were a newcomer i'd like more music on the show, THAT would make me come to OCR looking for my fave game or other things... Just an advice...

And of course, a review on VGDJ sounds a lot more official you know? Here is an idea, you could ask DJpretzel to tape a audioclip review of the 2 tunes of the week and get his review on the show! Make it more official sounding: "and now the creator of OCR will tell us what he thought of the tune you just heard! am i glad hes not a lazy butt!!" :lol:

And also, you could put the 2 weekly tunes closer to the end of the show and dangle the promise of it during the show like this: "dont forget we have our two chosen tunes along with DJP's review of them (or your own, your opinion counts too :wink:) coming up at the end of the show so keep listening...and now Rayza is gonna tell us about HIS bathroom! (or something interestig like that to keep the flow of the show going)"

Well dont forget these are just suggestions from me, and i think the show is great, im not saying its bad its just some advice...Because i think that we (the community) being able to interact with the show and try to give suggestions to make it even better is what makes this Podcast so much fun! its a lot more interactive then a normal radioshow!!

Well i hope you had the patience to read all of THAT!

One more request:(and this is a personal request, not a suggestion...) Could you, if you adapt any of my ideas, mention my username (linkman25) during the next weeks show? i'd like to show it to my friend so he will freak out hehe...Oh, you could even do it if you didnt apply the changes to the show!! like this: "well this week at the forums, Linkman25 made some great suggestions for our show...unfortunatly we couldent apply any of them, but he doesnt take offense...hes a pretty cool guy!" Yeah say that... or not... im delusional hehe :roll::D

Well thanks for reading and gimme some feedback on this later!!

:wink:

Alright, I'll reply to this, finally.

There are many reasons why we keep the music clips short. I'll run them down for you Linkman..

A) Time. We originally decided to keep this show between 30-40 minutes maximum. If we start playing full songs, there is less time for us to talk about anything else. Keep in mind that there are sometimes 4 new mixes a show. On average that would be about 15-20 minutes of music PLUS the random song. We like to keep it to this time because of the

B) Filesize. Yes, people are still using 56k modems. If our show starts hitting 30megs or so, a lot of users will be discouraged to even download it in the first place. I know a bunch of dialup users that don't even want to download our 16-18 meg shows now.

3) We are not a playlist show. There are plenty of shows that feature full songs, and lots of them. Thats not what we're intending to do. We try to get OCR in a weekly nutshell and let the users discover the rest. If you want shows that are more focused on music check out

The Remixatorium or the Super Koopa Troopa Show (both podcasts)

VGFrequency

Fusionradio

VGM (Starting soon)

and there are many others that I've probably missed. Check the thread about VGM Radio shows in this forum for the links to those.

I just never got the concept of playing music at 64kbps on our podcast when you can very well come to OCR and get the full bitrate version to play any time you want. We give you an idea of what the song is about, if you're interested, go get it! Theres just no need for another playlist show.

As for getting clips and reviews from DJP, he already does a great writeup for each mix. We'll mention this again, as pixie said. He's a busy guy and it would be highly doubtful that he could record 3-4 audio reviews every week. Hell, its tough getting Rama to talk for 2 minutes every week.

Hopefully I've touched on most of your points. In conclusion, we want a short show that allows people to keep up with whats going on at OCR and hopefully get new people interested. We pique their interest, and they come check out the Vibe+1. We actually got an email just today about this, so it seems like its working.

tl;dr

Oh, that makes sense...

Thanks a lot for answering Rayza... I see now, i wasn't aware of all those points you said and 15-20 mins music actually IS a lot for a 30-40 min show.

Oh well, i guess my suggestions phailed, but at least i got a well fundamented "reject" of those reviews and that is enough to make me happy! at least it was good to clear stuff up for upcoming people that try to make more suggestions :D !

One more thing... Could you do something about this:

One more request:(and this is a personal request, not a suggestion...) Could you, if you adapt any of my ideas, mention my username (linkman25) during the next weeks show? i'd like to show it to my friend so he will freak out hehe...Oh, you could even do it if you didnt apply the changes to the show!! like this: "well this week at the forums, Linkman25 made some great suggestions for our show...unfortunatly we couldent apply any of them, but he doesnt take offense...hes a pretty cool guy!" Yeah say that... or not... im delusional hehe

Just wondering... i'd like to show THAT to my friend and it will probably get him to listen to VGDJ... i've tried to convince him to come to the site, saying how great it is but he says he doesnt think its as great as i tell him... Well, you guys mentioning my name (and even his: Barroca) will DEFINITLY get him here hehe :D *hatches evil scheme* :twisted::twisted:

That would be fine and dandy if i were in America! :P

I'm portuguese... :roll:

Belive me if i were american i would dial that number RIGHT NOW! but i cant...so pixie... Give your voice to my cause...support this upstanding portuguese citizen in his quest to get more people to OCRemix!

I need YOU! :lol:

Thanks for the tip man, but i didnt see anything there about calling if you are not american... :dstrbd:

Besides my aim is to get rayza, or pixie, or aurora to say my name and my friends name...That would freak him out and im sure he would join the forums

:)

Thanks for the tip man, but i didnt see anything there about calling if you are not american... :dstrbd:

Besides my aim is to get rayza, or pixie, or aurora to say my name and my friends name...That would freak him out and im sure he would join the forums

Make a voice clip by recording yourself on an MP3. If you do a good job, then your name might be mentioned. If I had a dollar for every time Rayza, Aurora, or Pixietricks said my name on the show, I think I'd have seven dollars.