VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Well if I'd be picky I'd also say I didn't "make you" a torrent site but more like added your shows to my since-VGF#45-or-so-existing torrent site. ;)

Also yeah, you shuffled up the torrent counts. Shows will be released in the following batches:

10-show pack (as soon as 2x 5-show packs are full)

5-show pack (as soon as 5x seperate shows are full)

1-show pack (every new show as single seed as soon as 5 shows are ready for a 5-show pack)

And that repeated of course. Maybe I'll do bigger packs like a 20-show pack or even a 50-show pack. Though we're still a bit far from that. I'll see. Just for your interest. Would be nice to "fix" that in the next show too, though it's not that important. (maybe add that you can grab VGF there too?!, heh).

Torrents as usual at my torrent site:

http://www.studio-compyfox.de/torrent

HEY! I just heard VGDJ eps 018!

I'd like to thank you guys for mentioning my name...sorta...You think it's very funny eh? well...it actually WAS funny... But expect me to go over there and burn my username into your foreheads with a cattle iron! BZZZZZ! LINKMAN25!

Oh and by the way, you mis pronounced barroca! hehe...but he is used to it! people say it wrong even here... Ill post his username later!

Well thanks a lot guys!

(by the way pixie, any word on those PT musics?)

The lockdown is NOT a re-evaluation of every mix on the site based on CURRENT standards. The lockdown is a reviewal of all songs on the site to find mixes that are in VIOLATION OF OCR POLICY, i.e. MIDI rips, plagiarism, completely original work using only samples from games, etc. We are not going to rejudge every song to see if it meets the current bar.

Oops! I didn't realize what we said came off that way. I knew it was only the songs that were considered in violation of OCR policy, and I think that's what Rayza meant when he used the word "standards." We know that mixes aren't booted because of *quality* standards. I guess we just weren't clear enough with our choice of words. It shall be fixed.

The lockdown is NOT a re-evaluation of every mix on the site based on CURRENT standards. The lockdown is a reviewal of all songs on the site to find mixes that are in VIOLATION OF OCR POLICY, i.e. MIDI rips, plagiarism, completely original work using only samples from games, etc. We are not going to rejudge every song to see if it meets the current bar.

Oops! I didn't realize what we said came off that way. I knew it was only the songs that were considered in violation of OCR policy, and I think that's what Rayza meant when he used the word "standards." We know that mixes aren't booted because of *quality* standards. I guess we just weren't clear enough with our choice of words. It shall be fixed.

Cool Edit + Robot talkie voice = Fix'd.

And I've yet to be mentioned. *shock*

But anyways...loving the Katamari music in the background. ESPECIALLY once Lonely Rolling Star starts playing. I love that song.

Ooh, Snow Motion. <3

Horrible voices after Snow Motion, but...nice little Jilly-giggle :P

Making up leaf-breaking rituals, eh?

Aw, that sounded so pathetic when Jilly was like "ever in the universe?"

Awesome ending too. Awesome.

Pixie just got Chrono Triggered...

Anyway, yeah good show. Just when I thought Rayza's irreverant sexual-overtone marauding couldn't get any more intense, I'm exposed to the Rayza-Pixietricks combination. Lollerblades. Seriously, I was laughing in the breakfast line and scaring people.

First off, freaky mean that something is freakish as in freak! and CV is not a freak! its like one of the coolest kids on the block! lol

And second, Jilly, you big RPG ignorant, Frog's Slurp attack from Chrono Trigger involves LICKING not DRINKING!

(all insults mentioned to pixie in this post are not, in any form, real. they are friendly. thank you :D )

"Are thoust ye Crono?"

freaky

adj 1: strange and somewhat frightening; "the whole experience was really freaky" 2: conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual; "restaurants of bizarre design--one like a hat, another like a rabbit"; "famed for his eccentric spelling"; "a freakish combination of styles"; "his off-the-wall antics"; "the outlandish clothes of teenagers"; "outre and affected stage antics" [syn: bizarre, eccentric, freakish, flaky, off-the-wall, outlandish, outre]

So there! :P But what's this about drinking/slurping? I have no idea what you're talking about.

EDIT: Ohhh, I see, you were referring to your SLURP post. I didn't even remember that from before. Wutev.

I really have to read this thread more. The stickyness confuses me because disregard those threads at the top. :(

Hmm... I should come up with something to make reading this post not a waste of your time.

Ooh! Tune in to VGDJ #019 for a REAL voice mail from me. None of that "Y'ALL SUCK" nonsense that I called in with because Rayza wanted people to "tell us the show is a piece of shit and you listen every week to how much worse it can get" (Rayza, #vgdj @ ETG, 9/13/05, 10:03 PM CST).

Also, I'm recruiting volunteers to raid pixietricks's college and force the network guys to allow her access to IRC so she can join in on the #vgdj madness. Is anyone interested in joining a noble cause?

Dude, Frog owns!

I mean, lil' kid, whose "brother" gets killed, gets turned into a frog, becomes a knight, wields a legendary sword called Masamune AND a medal that accents his heroicness? AND talks in ye' ol' english? Cant get any more heroic than that! :roll:

anyhoo

conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual

see? its NOT grossly uncoventional! Beware of thy slurping...for it be far strongereth then mine x-strike abillity! thine has beeneth warned! :P

Dude, Frog owns!

I mean, lil' kid, whose "brother" gets killed, gets turned into a frog, becomes a knight, wields a legendary sword called Masamune AND a medal that accents his heroicness? AND talks in ye' ol' english? Cant get any more heroic than that! :roll:

anyhoo

conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual

see? its NOT grossly uncoventional! Beware of thy slurping...for it be far strongereth then mine x-strike abillity! thine has beeneth warned! :P

DID SOMEONE MENTION CHRONO TRIGGER

First of all, I would like to introduce myself to the boards. But I'll put that in the unmoderated section.

I want to say great job with the Podcast, Aurora, PixieTricks and Rayza. I don't know really why I like it, but I suppose that it's because I really like the fact that it's not just one person talking, it's really tied to the community.

So keep up the good work, guys! Really love it!