VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Compyfox? Wingless and I have spoken with Aurora, and she WANTS us to continue the show for them. If you had read earlier in the thread, you would have noticed that. She said that she envisions VGDJ very much as a community effort, and that it doesn't matter if the staff must evolve according to their personal lives. As for Rayza, who knows; he hasn't been around. But the point is, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Maybe it's because, whether you like it or not, Pixietricks has been a part of VGDJ for a long time. Can she start her own show? Sure.

But here's the thing. VGDJ is the official podcast of OCR. That's why it's stickied and has been spotlighted numerous times. Pixietricks, who has been a part of VGDJ since the very early weeks when she stepped in for Aurora, needs information from the people who have information in order to continue VGDJ, OCR's Official Podcast.

You don't enjoy VGDJ with Pixietricks hosting it. We know that. You've said it numerous times. We get it. So just quit your complaining and spend your time doing something constructive.

Maybe I missed the post or posts in this thread in which the creator or creators have made it absolutely clear he/she/they no longer wish to continue with it. If I were in pix's position, I expect I'd need something along the lines of, "I ain't doin' the shit anymore... do your own thing if you wanna" before I go and do it. "Courtesy" is probably in wiki somewhere.

Wouldn't that kinda piss you off too?

Of course it would, but ONLY if I felt the result wasn't worth my time. So far, that's not the case (hell, I still love The Simpsons)... The opposite's your opinion, and it's a perfectly fine opinion to have. But it does bring us back to Darke's point about needlessly beating that dead horse, as opposed to simply saying, "So what? Forget Rayza and them and just do your own show."

Now I need two more cents for bus fare....

Maybe I missed the post or posts in this thread in which the creator or creators have made it absolutely clear he/she/they no longer wish to continue with it. If I were in pix's position, I expect I'd need something along the lines of, "I ain't doin' the shit anymore... do your own thing if you wanna" before I go and do it. "Courtesy" is probably in wiki somewhere.

Well, of course. And read above: Aurora and I talked about it, and she gave us the go-ahead. We would not be doing this if that weren't the case. Emailed Rayza about it, too, but he's been AWOL for two months now. If we still don't hear back from them about the website password, then sure- we could easily start a new "Official OCR Podcast," but it would be a shame to lose all that history, that's all.

So just quit your complaining and spend your time doing something constructive.

Seconded - Compy, you *do* make a number of contributions to the community, but you also don't seem to realize when - even though you may only be expressing your opinion - all you're succeeding in doing is pissing people off and alienating them. When a forum moderator indicates you should stop, please do so, instead of following it up with an explanation that continues down the same path. It also seems to me this whole thing has roots in previous arguments, which are better left buried.

Next time I see either Rayza or Aurora on IRC, I'll ask them about VGDJ's status, as I'd like to see it resurrected as well. I see no need to start a new show when the domain's bought, the fanbase has been established, and the concept originated w/ Aurora and Rayza. If they don't have the time to continue physically with the show, I hope they'll lend their endorsement and be with future hosts in spirit, rather than necessitate spinoffs. It sounds like this is the case, and all that's needed is the website password - hopefully this can be obtained soon.

Hi everyone

I think the idea of starting a new 'vgdj' isn't the way to go. As I say that, I realise that I haven't been around all that much due to my new job. As for Rayza, I have no idea where he is.

What is great to see is that people are willing to keep it alive and see the potential and I and Rayza saw all those months ago. I think the show is a great way to promote the wonderful music and community here, and it makes sense that the show be hosted by different people, not creating a whole new entity. That to me says there's a lack of community here.

Alright look...

Instead of whining and acting childish - which is obviously done in here like "OMG MAILBOMB THE CREATORS TO GET US A PASSWORD - ELSE VGDJ IS GONNA DIE! YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!!!" - there're a couple of possibilities. "If" (I put them in quotation marks on purpose) VGDJ is to die, then so be it. Like I said... it's not like the end of the world.

Pixietricks knowns exactly what's to be done to do an own radio show. Then why brag on and cry around for getting a "password" for VGDJ from the original creators if they don't feel like it. Would Larry give VGF out of his hands? Would D-Lux give VGMusic out of his hands? I could continue with all other shows too (Fusion Radio, Press Start, Nitro Game Injection, etc).

Isn't it easier to start something "own" rather than taking over something, even if it's hard to start at point zero? There're tons of pages out there to host podcasts. Ready to go in a couple of minutes (even layoutet). With your own show you can do whatever the hell you want. You have the brains, you have the equipment - be creative!

This is why I wrote it, not to show that I "hate" VGDJ. It's just not the same anymore. See it as your most favourite TV show - and suddenly in the middle of the season you have a totally new crew and main actors for the rest of the run of that show. Wouldn't that kinda piss you off too?

Think about it.

Internet sure is serious business...

tee hee.

This was actually somewhat expected; there were concerns that VGDJ wouldn't be able to last past the fall term when school started again. It managed to get as late as November and December, though, even on their schedules.

I like Aurora and Rayza too, CompyFox, so you're not alone in that respect, but it's so much better to have the legacy continue than it is to have NO show. Rayza and Aurora will come back to it if they have time to and can pick it up, or whatever. If we start a trend of the creators being comfortable passing on the buck, we can easily get a VGDJ legacy going on, here. VGDJ can (and should) run across a few generations of OCR.

I miss Rayza... Where that big Canadian oaf go? Oh Rayza, where art thou?

*ahem*

Having The Wangless on the show might be pretty fun. We'd get a special section where he talks 'bout his work at whatever lamo game company he works in Do not panic, this is a joke. Nothing to see here. and how he's happy making menus for the games. He should have been around in the Final Fantasy XVIII times... Those were some seriously horrid menus. Damn.

Anyway, I know Pixie is still ok... And I guess Aurora is as well... I just hope VGDJ gets back on it's feet or embodied into a new Podcast (It's The Wingless' and Pixietricks' multiracial videogame podcast talk show!!! Bet that has never been done before...).

Good luck people!

Oooo, so that's what happened to the show...I've been kinda clueless as to what happened to the show for a while now (seems I've lived up to my name). I presumed that their personal lives had taken over but I decided to be arrogant and not check the thread to see what exactly happened. Personally, I think the legacy should continue and whether that be with Aurora and Rayza or pixietricks and Wingless, I don't really care. 'sides, it's a 2 and a half hr trip for me to get to uni and I need something to listen to.