VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Wow, that was the first full VGDJ episode that I've listened to the whole way through, and I have to say what an amazing episode it was. Awesome interviews! It was definately nice to hear each composer's views on aspects of the industry. Thanks for such an awesome (and quite long) episode. Keep up the great work. :)

That was one of the best things I've ever heard. History in the making. Everything important in one mp3.

58:54, what's the song playing? I know I've heard it before, but I have no idea why I'd delete it. It...is a remix right? Sounds like one. That'd be really strange if it was an original. I don't want to be wrong but it's possible.

That was one of the best things I've ever heard. History in the making. Everything important in one mp3.

58:54, what's the song playing? I know I've heard it before, but I have no idea why I'd delete it. It...is a remix right? Sounds like one. That'd be really strange if it was an original. I don't want to be wrong but it's possible.

After Protricity's Wormaphobic Disorder, it's Mazedude's Glow Worm Jim, from The American Album. Great track.

And great show too.

Can't wait to listen to the lastest show when I get home. You guys certainly have come a long way in a year. To get Tommy on your show, as well as a segment on VG Live, I'd say this is the most successful out of the OCR spinoff projects we've had.

EXCELLENT touch with the Star Trek reference zircon.

MY idea kthxbye. :)!!

ROFL@that. Is Pixie a trekkie?

Yes, she is. Another interesting fact you might not be aware of is that water contains hydrogen and oxygen. ;)

EXCELLENT touch with the Star Trek reference zircon.

MY idea kthxbye. :)!!

ROFL@that. Is Pixie a trekkie?

Yes, she is. Another interesting fact you might not be aware of is that water contains hydrogen and oxygen. ;)

NO WAI! 8O

95.jpg
What game is that? Looks like a fighter of some sort.

And I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...

djp_parakeet.gif

q-pa; it was a combination of games, you could select from a menu. Me and djp played some SSF2:Turbo matches after but I was thoroughly beaten.

Was it a MAME style arcade machine? I think I've seen something like that available online. That would be very appropriate considering emulation is a big part of what this whole site is about.

Fantastic show Pixie and Zircon!

I was wondering, your voicemail... is that only available for US callers? Because I'm over in the UK and in the time I've been listening to your show, I have no recollection of any Brits, Ozzies etc leaving a message. :dstrbd:

Alex, we can do it; just that we have to do something else to call to International waters.

For proof's sake, I'll drop a message. I have time ever since my brother's doing exams this week and he won't catch me doing just one long-distance call. ;)

[EDIT: Sent!]

Got it. Wow, how did you do it? I didn't know people outside of North America could reach our 1-800 number. We've played many international voicemails before, but those were actually mp3 recordings that people emailed to us. Care to explain for our other listeners?

Alex, we can do it; just that we have to do something else to call to International waters.

For proof's sake, I'll drop a message. I have time ever since my brother's doing exams this week and he won't catch me doing just one long-distance call. ;)

[EDIT: Sent!]

Got it. Wow, how did you do it? I didn't know people outside of North America could reach our 1-800 number. We've played many international voicemails before, but those were actually mp3 recordings that people emailed to us. Care to explain for our other listeners?

Wouldn't it just be 1 + 1-800-990-VGDJ for international calls to the States?

That would actually be so cool. I would do it myself had there been a couple of things not holding me back right now :( but we'll see what happens.

Anyway, this is a method that I actually give all due credit to DistantJ. When I wanted to call onto VG Frequency for the first time, I mentioned it in the VGMix chatterbox and he pointed out Telediscount. He saw it as the way to be able to call his peers (was it his girlfriend?) from abroad. So I used that and followed the instructions to get onto the show the following Saturday... and many other Saturdays after that.

For VGDJ I took that method and just replaced the WMRE number with yours. So, if there's any Brits reading this, this is what you do:

* Dial the access number for calls to the United States - check here for the number, which sometimes changes once in a while.

* When it says "please enter the number you would like to call and finish by pressing the hash (#) button" you just type 00 and THEN the VGDJ number. In this case it's 001 800 990 VGDJ (8435 if you can't see any letters imprinted on your phone).

* If you hear the VGDJ intro music followed by our hosts speaking about the answering machine, you know you're at the right place.

And there we go. A viable method for British users to call to VGDJ. :)